Sjonsson

Games W.I.P Thread

I have no idea when/if we will release it, hope we do though :)

There's already the "Open World Demo Collection" (from Epic and for free). You can find it in the Environnement part of the marketplace. 

Kickass assets btw

Edited by TheOnlyDoubleF

New version update! 6/1/2015
Alpha 1.7 is up and ready to play on the dedicated server!
The redirect is currently functional so no need to download a pak file. Just find the server!

For more details about the project visit here: https://trello.com/b/OjBaLOXk/ut4-arena-capture-the-flag

Change list for Alpha 1.7
- CTF-Face has been reworked to function as a map in ACTF!
- Increased respawn time from 7 seconds to 12.
- Replication Of Hud Elements for team advantage and match timer acts very strangely right now.
- Minideemer secondary causes the game to crash.
- Remove flag from player inventory rather than apply 9999 damage for entering the base. (Fixed)
- Rather than simply remove the flag from the player when they enter the base they receive 9999 damage. (Fixed)
- Item Specific Buy and sell menu delay. Prevent accidental double clicks.
- Fixed bug where you lose armor if you click it in the buy menu and you dont have enough money for it.
- Round Timer goes away randomly during a match for no reason. (Hopefully fixed)
- Red Team advantage didnt go away after Half Time. (Fixed)

Edited by Castle

Well, it's a new map, assets and tech, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clakekAHQx0

I have no idea when/if we will release it, hope we do though :)

​So far I have only run into two major limitations that I think will likely be resolved if they havent already been solved already.

In order for me to do the open world mod like I want to I need the ability to apply nav meshing to the entire world or have something to allow AI to get places. And the other is I need to have a way to get a more reliable version player id so I can save progress, inventories and other such things on each character.

A fully open world mod for UT4 looks pretty damn possible right now and maybe its something a slightly larger group of devs should be looking into for a fully monetized mod.

Edited by Castle

Here is the trailer and the playthrought of our student project "Revenge of Trishna"

Demo coming to you in a few day Comments welcome !

Someone call PETA!

Jokes aside it looks pretty cool!  So far I don't see the challenge in the game or the purpose of each level. Is it an arcadish kind of shooter? Like Serious Sam or Painkiller? 

Also you should totally add some more environmental sound effects to add some ambience, currently the soundpicture is a bit flat.

Lastly, pleaaaaase get rid of that font! You have some artists who did alol that texturing, I'm quite sure they can come up with something better. After all the packaging of the trailer will define how well the game is recieved at first glance.

Keep it up!

Someone call PETA!

Jokes aside it looks pretty cool!  So far I don't see the challenge in the game or the purpose of each level. Is it an arcadish kind of shooter? Like Serious Sam or Painkiller? 

Also you should totally add some more environmental sound effects to add some ambience, currently the soundpicture is a bit flat.

Lastly, pleaaaaase get rid of that font! You have some artists who did alol that texturing, I'm quite sure they can come up with something better. After all the packaging of the trailer will define how well the game is recieved at first glance.

Keep it up!

Yeah we did that trailer in only one day (time restriction), so there are many points which need a lot of work (we know it). Here is a build of the game. We don't think we will continue this project, but maybe... Who knows. But your comments will be of good use ;)

Revenge of Trishna Demo Build https://mega.co.nz/#!GZQTHBIT!8Je2MipJJsIgyz01LvKRXNt9lCmDj9tFqzvv-eXSt0U

See you later guys ! ;)

One thing that bugged me was that there is no "being hit" effect for the enemies (a white flash or blood sprite). The fact that is such a small detail shows how far along you already are! :)

Oh, there's tons of things missing, like proper indicators when you take damage etc. The white flash when you hit someone aren't in because we need a shader or w/e for it, since we are writing a new engine. As you can see, there's a lot of effects missing too, like proper particles from explosions, tracers from the weapon and so =)

Edited by Hipshot

I think bullets should be the one thing that do rotate exactly to the direction they are moving, makes their movement much more readable. The fact they move in a different direction to their rotation is odd.