Games W.I.P Thread

Sjonsson

• FMPONE unpinned this topic
On 16/10/2017 at 11:58 PM, Sean Noonan said:

I started working on something as part of #Blocktober. It's early days, but it could turn into something. Not sure yet.

Also, hello, I'm a long time lurker, but haven't posted before!

It is quite surprising when you opened the door ^^ I was not expecting such massacre ahah

• 2 weeks later...

@PlattenG This look awesome!! Reminds me of Jensen's apartment from the more recent Deus Ex games. Love the audio coming from the other apartments, really creates an intriguing environment and sets the mood for the build up to kicking the door down (which was also an awesome moment, great time for the music to kick in). Looking forward to seeing more!

• 2 weeks later...
On 16/11/2017 at 7:09 PM, Eric_Chocholacek said:

@PlattenG This look awesome!! Reminds me of Jensen's apartment from the more recent Deus Ex games. Love the audio coming from the other apartments, really creates an intriguing environment and sets the mood for the build up to kicking the door down (which was also an awesome moment, great time for the music to kick in). Looking forward to seeing more!

thank you very much currently where in beta testing atm for our project and once the game is done in three weeks will post gameplay and trailer thank you again for the kind words :)

1 hour ago, PlattenG said:

thank you very much currently where in beta testing atm for our project and once the game is done in three weeks will post gameplay and trailer thank you again for the kind words :)

No problem! If you're looking for some additional people for playtests or just general feedback, let me know :D

Looking forward to the new trailer, really interested in how everything flows gameplay-wise!

• 4 weeks later...

I have not been super active here and I have not be posting regular updates. But a lot of you guys here might remember that I have been working on my own game for a bit? Well, its released and you can play it now.

Its called Revulsion, here is the steam store page. http://store.steampowered.com/app/719180/Revulsion/
Here is a link to my steemit blog talking about my thoughts on the game, future plans and patch notes . https://steemit.com/created/revulsion

Here is the most recent video I have released showing the game in action.

Enjoy!

Also, while I am great at making games I am pretty poor at marketing skills. While the game is already easily up to expectations sales wise I have yet to do any kind of media push. lol
If you are into these kinds of games though I really recommend you check it out.

edit : I may soon be looking to contract a sound guy who can make sounds for the game. I have a specific list of sounds I will need. PM me if you are interested.

Edited by Castle

UE4Editor_2017-12-25_21-19-38.png

So I have plans to begin working on the second episode on January. I also have plans to add more content to episode 1 as well. The main things I want to add to Episode 1 is a greater variety of special and booster abilities. At the moment I have very few interesting choices that can be made. Its fairly easy and fun to make these kinds of items so its very possible I will have a small patch this or next week to greatly increase the number of possible boosters and specials.

---
Revulsion - Episode 2 breakdown
2017-12-25_22-46-10.png

Episode 2 takes you on the journey toward the dark tower. This journey will take you into a deeper darker hellish environment. Which means that most of the games items will take on this style as well. There will be new enemy types and even new weapon and ammo types!

Episode 2 is going to feel a lot more like Heretic and Hexen and the zombie enemies will be phased out almost entirely for evil cultists and demon wizards. You will see a greater variety of medieval weaponry and even magic wands and melee weapons. New ammo types will be crossbows and rivet guns that fire metal spikes. We will see new ammo types for magical weapons.

Get ready for some medieval action with magic and corruption. Episode 2 is going to put the game on its ears.

Episode 2 will have 2 at least 2 more boss fights and the new level cap will be 40.

Below is a general list of things that is highly subject to change as I work on the episode. I am very likely to come up with all kinds of neat ideas during the production of this project. I provide this list mostly to give you an idea of the direction things will be going.

Suggestions are highly welcome!

---

New Weapons

* Corrupted variations of older episode 1 weapons. (Guns that are covered in bone and flesh)
* Cross bows (Heavily inspired by the heretic crossbow.)
* Rivet guns (Giant metal spikes to skewer enemies)
* Magic wands (Slow moving high damage projectiles) Elemental effects Fire Ice and lightning ect)
* Magical Staves (More powerful than wands but costs more to use.)
* Beholder Eye launcher (Homing rocket seethers)
* Demon heart (Drains the hp of enemies in an AOE)
* Swords
* War hammers
* demon charm

---

New Special Abilities ( Some of these may just be added in the next patch and wont be exclusive to EP2)

* Poly Morph (Turns lesser enemies into a harmless chicken for a short time)
* Bulwark Defensive stationary shield wall that absorbs damage
* Good Luck charm (Can be used to force a loot bubble to re-roll with a greatly increased rarity bias.)
* Break Defense (Cause all enemies to take 25% more damage in AOE)
* Break Weapon (Cause all enemies to do 25% less damage in AOE)
* Break Accuracy (Cause all enemies to be less accurate in AOE)
* Phase shift (Become invisible and confuse enemies for a short time)
* Dark Seed (Instantly trade places with target lesser enemy. Target enemy becomes a living bomb for big damage)
* Dark tower (Places a totem on the ground that will attack enemies in the area)
* Helper faerie (Summon this faerie so that she can attack your foes with you)
* Raise the dead (Temporarily resurrect slain lesser enemies in an AOE around you)

---

New Jump mods

Jump mods are items that provide you with new movement mechanics. This can be from double jumps to Jet packs. Jump mods will usually be activated when you press jump while already in the air. 

* Double Jump (Jump 2 or 3 times while in the air)
* Rocket Boots (Big speed boost )
* Jet Pack (Allow you to fly or hover in the air for a short time)
* Super Jump (Functionally identical to jump boots in UT4)

---

New enemy types

* Cultist Berserker (Big armored dude why wants to slice you up with his warhammer)
* Cultist Wizard (Uses magical weapons, mostly staves)
* Cultist Marauder (Uses corrupted weaponry, shotguns and rifles)
* Cultist Bruiser (Fast moving with lots of health and rapid fire as hell.)

---

This is just the start of my brain storming so far. More to come soon!

• 2 weeks later...

Dtube Game Development Blog For my Game Revulsion. (Episode1, 1/9/2018)

Direct link to DTube video
https://d.tube/#!/v/thecastle/ybs78tol

In this video I talk about the idea of doing a more steady game development blog on Dtube as well as a host of new abilities that I am currently working on for the next big Revulsion patch. I also talk a little bit about my thoughts on episode 2 content.

Let me know if doing more videos like this is something you will enjoy seeing.

Apparently, DTube is not properly supported here in thumbnails. Its still a relatively new service though.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/719180/Revulsion/

When one dude makes an entire game patch notes can fit within a "hey check out what I did" context LOL!!!

Revulsion patch notes - (1/13/2018)

10 new booster and special abilities as well as other fixes and changes to the game!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

General fixes and changes.

- It is now impossible to swap out gear, boosters and specials when your booster or special actions are on cooldown. (Was a Huge exploit - fixed)
-Booster and special actions now display a small message to the bottom right of the screen on use.
- Blueprints are no longer consumed on crafted.
- It is now impossible to hold multiple of the same blueprint.
- Water no longer gets you stuck in crouching mode.
- New functionality is in place for impact effects on magical and metal character types.
- Orbital Strike ability has been greatly improved. Action can be used more effectively indoors.
- Status effects now display an icon to indicate a buff or a debuff

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New Booster abilities added. (Can all be obtained from power node battle loot boxes and medical cases)

- Aegis Recovery
Slowly regenerates health, slows movement and increases defense.

- Transmutation
Converts armor to health with no negative side effects.

- Vampirism
Drains health from target enemies in front of you.

- Super Buff
Boosts health and max health significantly. (Decreases atk power)

New special abilities added. (Can all be obtained from power node battle loot boxes)

- Damage Reflection
Reflects damage to enemies that are nearby.

- Roller Bomb
These rolling time bombs pack a punch.

- Bullwark Shield
Places a defensive wall that protects you from enemy fire.

- Dark Seed
Instantly trade places with target enemy. Enemy becomes living bomb.

- Gun Turret
A Stationary gun turret to fight with you for a short time.

- Recall
Mark a location to teleport back to on use or on death.

Known Issues for the next update, I plan to get this update out asap

- seethers impossible to shoot.
- transmutation is under powered.
- blueprints need to increase crafting cost based on level.
- credits hud indicator is cut off.
- wharehouse changed to Warehouse vending (lol)

Edited by Castle