Sprony

Mapcore's UE4 Whitebox Challenge

I sat down for a bit to begin a block out for a map layout I would really like to see in UT4. Not sure if this will be my white box challenge map yet.

Also, the triplanar material does not match with the power of 10 grid making it really hard for me to not lose my mind half the time I worked on this..

Edited by Castle

The barricades are, as a rule, only placed where you would fall to your death otherwise, and ideally should not block any combat, there could be a few that are problematic but I will zap those. You can easily jump over them if you want to die :P

Subscribed to UE4 yesterday and have a rough layout scribbled together, now I just need the most important ingredient; time D:

Good looking stuff gang, going with the whitebox approach was definitely the way to go, feels a lot more refreshing to have it be all about the gameplay~~

So how playable is this UT at the moment? Is it easy to playtest these levels? I don't have a great deal of experience in LD and haven't played Unreal in years (I was more of a Half-life fan!) but it sounds like good fun and something I'd like to get involved in.

Just block it out and literally hit the play button. All the basics are there. I was up until 4am last night dicking around with skies lol

Also how did you get those cool rings in your sky chris?

Edited by dux

So how playable is this UT at the moment? Is it easy to playtest these levels? I don't have a great deal of experience in LD and haven't played Unreal in years (I was more of a Half-life fan!) but it sounds like good fun and something I'd like to get involved in.

That's it. Pogo is banned from this.

But seriously guys. I'm very proud of you all. Seeing the work that's already been posted it's more then justified that we got Epic's attention for this.

Keep it going!