Resident Evil HD Remastered

Sprony

That's right. The brilliant 2002 remake of Resident Evil (which I played fanatically) is coming back and how! Best game news for me this year :)

Enjoy!

The game will be released digitally for PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One and PC in early 2015. It will feature full 1080p visuals as well as support for 5.1 surround sound audio.

Players will be able to pick between playing in the original 4:1 ratio or switching to 16:9. A classic control style, in addition to a style suited to modern games will be available to choose from.

Developed by Capcom Production Studio 4, the 2002 Resident Evil remake took the seminal PlayStation entry and updated gave it a complete visual overhaul as well as introduced new mechanics and systems from later entries in the series, as well puzzle design tweaks.

Edited by Sprony

woah, didn't see that coming.

I haven't played the 2002 remake, are there fixed camera angles? That's what I loved the most about resident evil 2 and 3.

Yes and they said they wouldn't mess with the controls and movement so I can't imagine that they would touch this. It should be still there in the new version.

First reading the thread, I thought you meant that this was a port of a 2002 remake, and if those were 2002 graphics, I think the world would have literally exploded.

Well it's pretty close from being the same graphics! RE remake on Gamecube looks incredible, check some youtube playthroughs. Sure the resolution wasn't the best but visually, that game is still stunning. I'd still be interested in reading how they pulled it off at the time.

The remake fixed and improved a lot compared to the 1st RE, playing with your nerves, a few new mechanics, from small to big tweaks in the LD that almost makes it a different game at times. I've said it before but I think this was the best RE game!

I'm always reluctant when I see HD remakes coming in, usually almost at the same price as new games but I can't help being a little excited by this one!

So basicly i bought my ps4 just to play REmakes, REmasters and other REshit ? REgreat lol :v

RANT OFF: I love to play that RE game in next gen visuals, but again where are the new games for next gen ?

Well, you're working on one? Right? You tell me... Why is it taking years to make a game? lol

Games take times to make, and these new "next-gen" expectations only exacerbate the problem.

So basicly i bought my ps4 just to play REmakes, REmasters and other REshit ? REgreat lol :v

RANT OFF: I love to play that RE game in next gen visuals, but again where are the new games for next gen ?

Well, you're working on one? Right? You tell me... Why is it taking years to make a game? lol

But this is not the case, You think that making this RE will be like one week ? :v

Again sure its great they are trying to make the RE experience on next gen platforms, but they should be making new RE just like the old one and put this as a side project, not a MAIN CAPCOM PROJECT - that's my point 

Games take times to make, and these new "next-gen" expectations only exacerbate the problem.

Maybe... next gen is a lie???????