Simonay

Hammer compile error to do with leaks, need help please.

I've just finished the greyboxing stage for a new map I'm making for CS:GO - the entire map is sealed, somewhat optimized and everything is ready for people to playtest it. However, I am unable to compile it due to every prop_static causing a leak, even though they are all thoroughly inside the map - has this happened to anyone else in the past?

I've tried looking online and trying solutions other people have suggested, but non have worked - I'll list these below to save people suggesting the same thing:

• Disable radius culling - every compile I tried this was disabled. It wouldn't compile with it enabled either.
  • Check the map name for spaces/capitals - was fine to start with.
  • Remove any cordons I had created - I hadn't created any to start with, but creating one and deleting it made no change.

Please note that when deleting the prop_static that the pointfile indicated, it would simply change to a new prop static after each compile, so I assume that every static prop is the cause of this.

Please find attached my most recent compile log, hopefully all you clever souls reading this will understand it better than I do - all I can glean from it is the fact that there is a leaked prop!

Thanks in advance for any suggestions - I'm going away for a few days tomorrow so excuse me if I don't reply immediately.

Map>Load Pointfile

That will show a red line in all viewports between the prop_static and the void.

Also you can hide Visgroups: World Detail, Displacements, Tool Brushes and Entities to help find gaps in your BSP.

Interesting, thanks a bunch - never realized that the compiler did that - I've never actually had leaks before so this is news to me, so cheers!

Well, seems like the problem was simple all along - just a few holes in the world where my brushwork didn't quite line up or was messy, you get the idea. I feel quite silly seeing as the issue was such a common one.

Anyway, it's fully compiled now so thanks a lot to both of you!