• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think this is one of the first games I'm actually in favor of the destruction, at least it's not just stuck on as a marketing gimmick. All that seems left to do with Rainbow Six is adding more dynam

It is slow paced like the old R6/Swat 4 games, except now players have more choice in their playstyle. I was able to charge in all I wanted in Swat 4/R6. Sometimes it was a good tactic depending on th

http://blip.tv/originalgamer/leaked-rainbow-six-siege-alpha-video-7178243   Edit: New trailer.:      Also some gameplay: 

Shame about the price, coz no fucking way am I paying £50 for a multiplayer game.

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/se/en/pc/games/shooter/tom-clancys-rainbow-six-siege/

currently out of stock but that price is great, especially with a voucher code ... might even pick it up myself, watched a number of streams of it, however I'm being told to wait until the network issues get fixed.

Edited by Zyn

Got lucky and got this for free via work. Just played it for about two hours and while I did enjoy myself, I don't see myself playing this in the long term.

I think it comes down to two things; janky combat and bloated gameplay. The former means that you rarely get decent duals as the guns are very controllable and spammy and the netcode feels a bit unreliable. By the latter I mean that the gameplay becomes very muddy with all the various angles, paths, at times bad readability, various gadgets and special abilities and even stances (stand-crouch-prone). All these gadgets, jammers, EMP's and devices. Just because there are more gadgets, does it mean that tactical choices get more interesting? A guy who deploys a device that intercepts grenades... is this fun? I also question the large, porous and open levels, especially combined with the stances (specifically prone). Being able to go prone under a dinner table, blend in nicely and proceed to shoot legs... does it make the game more tactical? And so on.

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/se/en/pc/games/shooter/tom-clancys-rainbow-six-siege/

currently out of stock but that price is great, especially with a voucher code ... might even pick it up myself, watched a number of streams of it, however I'm being told to wait until the network issues get fixed.

35 on Instantgaming ;)

http://www.instant-gaming.com/fr/406-acheter-cle-uplay-rainbow-six-siege/

Got lucky and got this for free via work. Just played it for about two hours and while I did enjoy myself, I don't see myself playing this in the long term.

I think it comes down to two things; janky combat and bloated gameplay. The former means that you rarely get decent duals as the guns are very controllable and spammy and the netcode feels a bit unreliable. By the latter I mean that the gameplay becomes very muddy with all the various angles, paths, at times bad readability, various gadgets and special abilities and even stances (stand-crouch-prone). All these gadgets, jammers, EMP's and devices. Just because there are more gadgets, does it mean that tactical choices get more interesting? A guy who deploys a device that intercepts grenades... is this fun? I also question the large, porous and open levels, especially combined with the stances (specifically prone). Being able to go prone under a dinner table, blend in nicely and proceed to shoot legs... does it make the game more tactical? And so on.

Having played it for quite a while with guys on Skype (we usually have 3 of us), I gotta say that the game does feel very tactical when you coordinate properly. Nothing more satisfying than breaching from 3 different directions with shock and awe tactics! :D

I do agree that some of the Operators are a little pointless though.

Having played it for quite a while with guys on Skype (we usually have 3 of us), I gotta say that the game does feel very tactical when you coordinate properly. Nothing more satisfying than breaching from 3 different directions with shock and awe tactics! :D

I do agree that some of the Operators are a little pointless though.

We'll have to play more!

And use teamspeak cause we're fucking civilised! :D