• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think this is one of the first games I'm actually in favor of the destruction, at least it's not just stuck on as a marketing gimmick. All that seems left to do with Rainbow Six is adding more dynam

It is slow paced like the old R6/Swat 4 games, except now players have more choice in their playstyle. I was able to charge in all I wanted in Swat 4/R6. Sometimes it was a good tactic depending on th

http://blip.tv/originalgamer/leaked-rainbow-six-siege-alpha-video-7178243   Edit: New trailer.:      Also some gameplay: 

• 7 months later...

I have changed my opinion of this game completely since the very first alpha test to the current closed/open beta. I tried to play it with Puddy ages ago and just really couldn't get into it; it was just a broken mess. What do you expect from an alpha though I guess? Anyway I kinda forgot about it after that and just thought I'd never play it again.

Last beta comes around a few months ago, and a couple of my mates said they were gonna try it. We all boot it up and find that actually, it's fucking awesome.. We've sunk so many hours into it now and we just aren't getting bored. 

It feels a lot like what I imagine they intended Counter-strike to be like when they first envisioned it. Can't stand CSGO, but I love this. Can't wait for release! :D

Speaking of a broken mess; I tried to play a PvP match with a couple of friends of mine and it would constantly split some people off when trying to do so. Every time we found a match suddenly a person was missing from our party, and every now and then we'd get matchmaking errors. I understand that getting online multiplayer to work is a challenge in itself, but we've had matchmaking systems for well over a decade now, and it blows my mind how many games recently have been struggling to get their systems to work properly. The fact that less than a week from launch the game still has these kinds of issues is quite worrying.

Hmm not a fan of seeing team mates through walls, sure, I get it, but this is Rainbow Six? I was hopeing this would feel like Raven Shield, where you'd shit yourself for even peeking around a corner, but from the footage it looks a lot more faster paced. Still, I will wait and see some youtubers streaming it after launch and make up my own mind.  

IMO this is how a special forces game should be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miGCzLwr0rc

Edited by 2d-chris

I was hopeing this would feel like Raven Shield, where you'd shit yourself for even peeking around a corner.

If you really want to shit yourself (from even listening to your own ever-increasing heartbeat :P), play some Rainbow Six and Rogue Spear, the originals from 1998-99.

- Spend 10 minutes in planning screen setting waypoints and tactical entries for Ding Chavez and Santiago Arnavisca - check

- Slowly open the back door and get inside the embassy - check

- Spot 2 tangos from way across the hall with potential hostages - check

-  slowly move "shoulder to the wall" literally holding your breath while glancing each 5 sec to check if your team is still behind you - check

- barely peek around the corner to "get a clearer view"... and that's the last view you'll get :D - 1 shot, 1 kill and it works both ways.

Another game that will make one shit himself is SWAT3 (and 4); good times :)

If you really want to shit yourself (from even listening to your own ever-increasing heartbeat :P), play some Rainbow Six and Rogue Spear, the originals from 1998-99.

- Spend 10 minutes in planning screen setting waypoints and tactical entries for Ding Chavez and Santiago Arnavisca - check

-  slowly move "shoulder to the wall" literally holding your breath while glancing each 5 sec to check if your team is still behind you - check

- barely peek around the corner to "get a clearer view"... and that's the last view you'll get :D - 1 shot, 1 kill and it works both ways.

You forgot to add:

- rage whenever bravo squad got stuck on a door/ledge/whatever after carefully setting out all the waypoints in advance, resulting in you breaching into the final room of bad guys on your own, in full expectation bravo squad would enter from across the room to assist  - check

:D

More seriously though, that was indeed a lot of fun :)

SWAT3 and 4 ... I still play them sometimes. I remember the hype when i discovered the expansions for SWAT 3 :D