Sprony

Rainbow Six: Siege

I was tempted to change the title of the old Patriot thread but I decided it was probably better of on it's own. Discuss!

http://youtu.be/_L8hchyMmUc

It looks pretty good.

I just dont like that you have to pick a class.

But that depends on how much freedom you got to costumize your loadout. So if its not completly restricting, than I wouldnt mind it.

I was kinda hoping for a slower and more tactical game like the old Rainbow Six games (Rogue Spear etc.) or Swat 4.

The Destruction is also cool, but a bit overdone.

You can literally bomb your way from the roof into the basement just to find that one guy hiding in the basement in a corner.

In the video it feels more like they´re bombing their way through that house because its cool/they want to show it off/whatever, not because its actually necessary.

Im not really excited about it, but it could turn out as a game that I like. Ill keep an eye on it. :)

I was kinda hoping for a slower and more tactical game like the old Rainbow Six games (Rogue Spear etc.) or Swat 4.

The Destruction is also cool, but a bit overdone.

You can literally bomb your way from the roof into the basement just to find that one guy hiding in the basement in a corner.

In the video it feels more like they´re bombing their way through that house because its cool/they want to show it off/whatever, not because its actually necessary.

It is slow paced like the old R6/Swat 4 games, except now players have more choice in their playstyle. I was able to charge in all I wanted in Swat 4/R6. Sometimes it was a good tactic depending on the level and the defender. You don't have to go through bombing the house if you don't want to, That's whats so cool and fun about it, that you can. Think tactics, it might work great for one group and bad for another, creating all these pathways for your enemy to flank later isn't such a good move for example.

I think the game looks fantastic, and like me, so many people out there have been waiting for this type of game. I am happy they canceled Patriots for this. I'm excited.

Edited by Grinwhrl

I think its a great mix between the options of fast and slow pacing. Really excited to see more gameplay.

I think this is one of the first games I'm actually in favor of the destruction, at least it's not just stuck on as a marketing gimmick. All that seems left to do with Rainbow Six is adding more dynamic environments and they seem to of nailed it. 

I was not interested at all in Vegas for a number of reasons, but this has my attention.