Mad Max: Fury Road

I hate reboots, remakes or whatever you are going to call it. Continuing a series with a different lead is also not done in my book. Especially if it is Mel Gibson who was replaced. So I didn't want another Mad Max and let's be honest, we all want to forget the third one. But then came the news that the original people were behind it. Ok, doesn't guarantee success but I'm less skeptical now. Then came the news that Tom Hardy and Charlize Theron were cast. Ok, I'm interested now. But now we have the first trailer and Sprony's hype meter went through the roof. MUST....SEE....THIS....NOW!

http://youtu.be/yJnPg2_Y_UI

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just went to see it a second time and it rules even more on 2nd viewing

Yeah really enjoyed it too, although I need to see it again to really appreciate it, shit was a sensory overload I no doubt missed a lot.

Frankly when i read Charlize was on board, months ago, I was disappointed cos I'm not a big fan and she seems too delicate for such a dirty role.

Agreed that the 3rd movie was the most ridiculous, but also the one with the best scenography: it was what became the reference for every "wasteland" setting in whatever media.

Rage seems the depiction of it (visually the best wasteland yet IMO), and when I saw the trailer last night I thought "this is Rage on film".

Disappointed Hardy is hardly (pun not intended) shown, I started to think if it's a Mad Max movie about his female friends :-|

Also why killing an innocent lizard, Mad Max wasn't a disturbed psycho, like he seems to be here.

Edited by blackdog

Frankly when i read Charlize was on board, months ago, I was disappointed cos I'm not a big fan and she seems too delicate for such a dirty role.

I think she has done a great job in Aeon Flux, most movies after that also show her skills. I think she is just the right one!

Anyways, I know the other (older?) trailer and it caught my attention instantly. Can't wait to see :)