[CS:GO] de_Nitro_alpha

NoahHasAnIDE

The name is derived from my setting, in an abandoned military base in Siberia. It's in it's very early stages and without any detail whatsoever. I finally got the radar to work (thanks guys!) and it's ready for playtesting! Is the playtesting server still up and running? Here is an album of images:

http://imgur.com/a/D0Ysz#0

I decided not to imbed them all since there are a lot of them.

Here is an overview:

ErWDt9u.jpg

This is an early alpha, so post feedback!

Edited by NoahHasAnIDE

Hard to tell, but it looks like there is a lot of really long sight lines. (just judging by the size of the crates)

It looks that way, but it really isn't in my opinion. I guess playtesting will tell. Middle might have some long sightlines, but everything else is pretty good in terms of sightlines.

You should be more precise with your brushwork.

Almost every border of your brushes has a different height and there are lots of ledges.

I'm sure you will fix this in the further process, but if you're doing it right from the beginning, you'll have less work in the end.

Is the small way on the left of the overview going to be something like vents? Small hallways like this don't give a high possibilty for the player to cover from attacks. You may take a look at this in the playtest.

You should be more precise with your brushwork.

Almost every border of your brushes has a different height and there are lots of ledges.

I'm sure you will fix this in the further process, but if you're doing it right from the beginning, you'll have less work in the end.

Is the small way on the left of the overview going to be something like vents? Small hallways like this don't give a high possibilty for the player to cover from attacks. You may take a look at this in the playtest.

Thanks for the feedback. Yeah, a lot of the brushes were done by a friend of mine (inexperienced). Then I took over doing the map myself, and the brushes were a lot worse in the beginning, so I touched them up. If something is absolutely gamebreaking, I will fix it up, but once detailing rolls around I will probably scrap a lot of these brushes anyway

At the risk of sounding rude, a lot of the connectors and corridors seem to be a little flat and bland, even by orangeboxing standards - is this something you plan on clearing up after playtesting? I can imagine that this map will be strongly favoured towards snipers otherwise with such little cover in these connecting areas. The design for individual arenas like mid and the bombsites is nice though, it just feels like the connectors need a little more thinking through. Can't wait to see how this pans out anyway, good luck!

At the risk of sounding rude, a lot of the connectors and corridors seem to be a little flat and bland, even by orangeboxing standards - is this something you plan on clearing up after playtesting? I can imagine that this map will be strongly favoured towards snipers otherwise with such little cover in these connecting areas. The design for individual arenas like mid and the bombsites is nice though, it just feels like the connectors need a little more thinking through. Can't wait to see how this pans out anyway, good luck!

I assure you that I am going to redesign some portions based on playtesting. I think I am going to divide the corridors into smaller portions and definitely make them more interesting. I actually might change the maps theme because the theme I chose has very little reference photos. Maybe something inferno/bagra type, since textures like those already exist.

Update: I am redesigning some of the layout of the map to have smaller sightlines. I will post a new layout once I finish it up. I am also going to add some more cover and open up some tight hallways. I am trying to get a playtest, but RZL hasn't responded in a while. I am also changing the name from de_soviet to de_nitro and changing the theme to an industrial theme, such as Season. Much easier to find some reference photos for that.