Skybex

[CSGO] cs_sportscentre

Yeah I have already spoke to rzl about getting it tested, but I keep doing things to break the build so haven't managed to send him a testable build yet. Expect to see it very soon.

Also I did some tests with the tiles and there was very little difference between all the versions. I think some of the problem might be because they look too much like kitchen floor tiles so I decided to replace them entirely for a new texture. 

Can't you just select everything at roof-level and hide them as a visgroup (then do a fast compile for a roofless top-down view)? Seems like a faster option than hand painting everything in.

Looking good! Can't wait to try it out!

EDIT: my suggestions are either cs_colosseo (italian for colloseum) or CS_xXx_BATTLEPLEX_2014_xXx  :-D 

Edited by kinggambit

Wow, this looks fantastic! I like the idea of more distanced hostages as well, I imagine it would make it more popular in competitive modes seeing as it encourages slightly more tactical decisions than the regular 'make a run for it'.

Some names:

- cs_compete

- cs_gold (as in gold medals (don't hit me))

- cs_track

- cs_olympic

Seems cool but also seems noisy. Tiles on the floors, walls, ceilings, and even the skybox! Some of these are inevitable, but others can probably be simplified

Dat skybox! Sweet sweet stuff.

I feel the confetti on the floor in the main court might be a little bit too much/noisey. Some of the buildings in the skybox could use a bit more geometric personality as well, but that's a nit-pick. Will the air balloon move? :)

I can see there being issues with the readability of not being able to go into the seating area. I generally find those half height barriers are pretty weak physical blockers.

Air balloon already moves, the wheel also rotates. :) and yeah the buildings right now are just cubes, will work properly on them at some point.

And not getting into the seating area, when testing there wasn't really any issue. It read right away that you couldn't get there and I don't think I even saw anyone trying after the warmup. I'll keep an eye on it in further testing though.

Wow, that's really impressive! My only complaint is there doesn't seem to be very much in the way of small detailing like stains, missing tiles, or junk laying about (janitorial equipment would be a good fit in this map). Keeping the style clean and simple is good for readability, but putting small details like that near doorways can help draw the player's eye to key locations where enemies are most likely to be. I could be wrong about this, Valve does it a lot in TF2, and I don't see why CS would be any different.

cs_fit
cs_topfit
cs_inshape
cs_slim
cs_pumped
cs_workout
cs_loseweight
cs_loseweightfast
cs_endorphin(s)
cs_burnfat
cs_gymbabes

oh and cool map, looks awesome! I only hope there's going to be more space for close combat fights.

Meanwhile in cs_loseweightfast:
GsT4iqT.jpg

Edited by catfood