Steppenwolf

Insurgency Mapping Contest

Does the map need to be compatible with all game modes like most of the default ones are?

For the purpose of the contest, it only needs to be compatible for one game mode. However you are free to make adaptations or changes later to support extra game modes.

If anyone has questions relating to mapping for Insurgency, or just general questions / comments about the game feel free to email me ([email protected]) and I will pass them on to the devs, or you can post in the Dev's Q&A thread here: http://insurgency.gamebanana.com/threads/195073

Good luck guys!

Gamebanana is still a thing?

Yup! We've changed many times, CSCental / FPSBanana / GameBanana etc.. but we're still going strong.

Also if anyone here doesn't own the game but wants to give this contest a shot feel free to PM me and I might be able to sort something out.

Pardon, no offense meant, just pretty damn amazing how you've managed to morph and change to persist.

Yup! We've changed many times, CSCental / FPSBanana / GameBanana etc.. but we're still going strong.

Also if anyone here doesn't own the game but wants to give this contest a shot feel free to PM me and I might be able to sort something out.

Pardon, no offense meant, just pretty damn amazing how you've managed to morph and change to persist.

None taken :) It's pretty amazing how something that started as a hobby, is still around 12 years later, and now supports a bunch of full time jobs.

I remember fpsbanana as a site full of virus.

I stopped going there after my NOD32 blocked the domain. :(

EDIT: I took a look at the website again, and you guys have deleted all my submissions, like original content. that's sad.

Edited by w1z1k

I remember fpsbanana as a site full of virus.

I stopped going there after my NOD32 blocked the domain. :(

EDIT: I took a look at the website again, and you guys have deleted all my submissions, like original content. that's sad.

Yeah we had a problem several years back where a malicious advert got into our cycle , although it was rectified fairly quickly, a lot of antivirus programs put us on a block list. Also we don;t delete people's content (unless you get banned or the submission break our rules), if you send me a link to your account I can look into it for you. 

Back on topic: Have a look at Setin's map, as the contest organizer I can't give too much help / feedback, so maybe some of you guys could.