Bloodborne

Sprony

I got it for the long weekend and I've just beaten the second boss being hit about twice, after a long chain of attempts where I was completely pummeled into the ground. There's a lot of things I like about it, but there's also a lot of things I really don't like. The 40 second load times are something special, as is the frequency you get completely stuck in geometry and have to quit.

Don't understand the excitement for this game. Seems a very straightforward bash-them-all to me. Saw it on show floor and enemy AI seems non-existent. There are even some (a (mini)boss) on a looped animation banging on a city door until attacked lol

The AI really isn't great when it comes to non-combat things. The whole opening section seems based around pulling enemies away from groups like you're in an MMO to seemingly highlight this point. I've heard the opening bonfire section is actually some kind of masterclass in level design because it's a disproportionately high spike that sets the tone. But, personally, I think it's just a bit rubs.

The guy bashing the door is a normal enemy, you fight them in groups like 3 rooms later, but it serves as his introduction. If you get close he attacks... and if you sneak past him he'll show up halfway through the next major fight and lamp you in the back of the head.

I didn't need it for Guilty Gear, but maybe that's because it also has a PS3 version. The online feels a lot more hands-off until end-game, but it's still nice to get the notes, blood and maybe the option to coop bosses if YOU'RE SHIT.

I didn't need it for Guilty Gear, but maybe that's because it also has a PS3 version. The online feels a lot more hands-off until end-game, but it's still nice to get the notes, blood and maybe the option to coop bosses if YOU'RE SHIT.

That's interesting. I wonder if their cross play avoided the issue.

Also you are playing xrd? We should fight if we can get sub-4 fps lag 

So, I was doing pretty well in this. I was at the sixth boss, by my count, but I was also exploring the 4th gravestone because I'd gone off the rails a little. You know how Bloodborne tells you off if you exit by turning the console off because you can corrupt your data? Well I had a power-cut while it was saving. It's all gone.

Honestly, you fly through the second time. 15m in and I had unlocked the routes to both bosses, upgraded my weapons, levelled a few times. But man, I was salty as hell. Just beat the 4th boss and I'm heading back down to the witch.

(spoilers)

I'm kind of playing Xrd! I'm not very good at it, despite being a huge Guilty Gear fanboy, not sure how the connection will be but all my games are against people in NA/JP anyway as it's not out in the EU. So, yeah, by all means hit me up. :P

Edited by Taylor