What I'm Working On

FMPONE

WIP shots look really nice! I was sad that your Half-Life 2 level wasn't in the list  :v  Is it dead?

No, Dreaming isn't dead. I've got a solid 25 minutes of gameplay right now. My goal has always been an hour. The problem is that SP work is just... exhausting. It's fun, but occupying someone's full attention in a linear way requires insane mental energy. I find my motivation to work on goes through peaks and valleys for sure.

WIP shots look really nice! I was sad that your Half-Life 2 level wasn't in the list   :v  Is it dead?

No, Dreaming isn't dead. I've got a solid 25 minutes of gameplay right now. My goal has always been an hour. The problem is that SP work is just... exhausting. It's fun, but occupying someone's full attention in a linear way requires insane mental energy. I find my motivation to work on goes through peaks and valleys for sure.

I FEEL YOU ! I totally feel you. Totally... It's so techy and psychology-intensive. But gawd is it rewarding when it all works.

Psychology-intensive. That's a great way of putting it. Definitely explains why I find it a bit draining.

WIP shots look really nice! I was sad that your Half-Life 2 level wasn't in the list  :v  Is it dead?

I FEEL YOU ! I totally feel you. Totally... It's so techy and psychology-intensive. But gawd is it rewarding when it all works.

• 3 weeks later...

Created a few more areas, the map is probably 1/3ish complete right now (Mid complete, A complete, CT complete); which means T spawn, T links to A, T links to Mid, T links to B, B links to Mid, and B links to CT are needed. The bombsite and spawn will be time consuming, the rest won't. Ted has been creating some props as well, which helps.

BDfpfQk.jpg

l9P2Kmr.jpg

LoknzPX.jpg

Wbysrbm.jpg

UHPeBAx.jpg

KDEzchS.jpg

2eOgZ4S.jpg

See if you can spot some eastereggs. OK have a good one

It isn't easter but eyes are good. Spotted F.M.P.O on 5th shot immediately.

Looks nice, though the floor on the 3rd shot looks kind of out of place. I think you were after some sort of glass floor where grass is underneath but this caught my eye. The wood in 4th shot corridor also looks kind of out of place to me.

Loved season on CSS, didn't love the CSGO version but it's hard to say more without seeing the whole map myself. Keep it up.

Everything looks good except maybe the A-site. I think it may land too much on the sci-fi side of things. I think it's the floor especially which is very tricked out. Also, those chairs and lab "desk"-things are gonna be potentially disrupting for gameplay. The chairs for their clunkyness and the lab desks because of their slightly awkward shape (they aren't a simple box, you can see through them diagonally it seems) and their wall-spammability (are they properly spammable?).

I agree A is a challenge. I'm having to steadily evolve it because the layout there is somewhat strange. People may not go for chairs, I have no idea. I'm definitely coming close to the line. The floor seems visually not popular at all, so I'll investigate what else I can do there I suppose

Yeah I would get rid of the chairs, can you not do something like this with the cabinets? http://www.nycominc.net/images/products/Concept%20Fume%20Hoods.jpg

I think players would like something like that more, yeah. I'll look into it for sure.

The floor seems visually not popular at all, so I'll investigate what else I can do there I suppose

The floor looks a little funny indeed, but I think it mainly does because of the texture underneath. Maybe some frosted glass like this would look better?

glass_floor.jpg

glass-tile-floor.jpg

Or transparant glass with a non-accessible area underneath it:

luxury-Glass-floor.jpg

Other than that, I like it so far :)

This is an awesome update to a great map. Cant wait to play it!

A bit of feedback on A site, the 'science' areas are aesthetically pleasing, but in gameplay I suspect they will be a bit clunky. Chairs are annoying because they are not spammable, and tend to get in the way of movement. Suggest going back to the simple boxes (hazmat storage area? alien artifacts??) as it works best for the gameplay.

Overall top notch effort thus far, rivals the quality of any map out there, including valve!