What I'm Working On

FMPONE

havent played it with real people yet - but the timings seem like way of for my taste :( CTs are able to get into defending positions way earlier than the Ts are on the sites and the routes are pretty sniper heavy + you can smoke / molotov of every entrances on the sites :(

Hey, so I ran around this for about 15 minutes and I found it quite interesting. Sorry for the image quality, I was on my laptop where I have to play 800 x 600 for CS to be playable.

So, firstly, I'm not a fan of this angle. Timings work out so CTs can get to this spot and watch any T who passes that window. An awper can get an easy pick and fall back into the cover of the crate, then repeat.

589a586085d9c_AWPAngle.jpg.0b74fbedc5d516d0f91127fdc0c7291b.jpg

Speaking of the window, it seems a bit odd to have it on-route to the door. One benefit of a door is it's element of suprise, so if a T on his way to the door is visible by the rest of the site, then when he/she opens the door, they are at a disadvantage against the CTs. 

589a5866868de_WindowandDoor.jpg.ebdd6919cc7bf4de5e31bdc253d59268.jpg

Also, I'm unsure about how the pit in A Site will play out. A CT playing there has a lack of cover and no exit other than exposing themselves to the entire site. A molly would render it completely useless. Going off of what you said here...

3 hours ago, FMPONE said:

If you have any ideas on how to make the map more strange, feel free 

...Perhaps you could link the bottom of the pit to another area near the site. Example:

589a5864bd4db_NewEntrance.jpg.1edcbde5fbf04d0f6a7779bb6bef9c37.jpg

589a586344e37_NewEntrancePit.jpg.5afabc83682d1949fbd7d500eef33e03.jpg

Lastly, I'm curious as to what what purpose the double doors have? I'm worried that they may just hinder mobility.

589a586240f76_DoubleDoors.jpg.fa5af82f6073ae64d10755f0150b486d.jpg

Overall, I like the map. It's very unique, which is always a bonus. Everthing I've said is just speculation, though. Playtesting will probably prove me wrong.

Good luck! :D 

16 hours ago, SirK said:

havent played it with real people yet - but the timings seem like way of for my taste :( CTs are able to get into defending positions way earlier than the Ts are on the sites and the routes are pretty sniper heavy + you can smoke / molotov of every entrances on the sites :(

That's not a bad thing. Not every map has to have the exact same timings or number paths/entrances. 

I know ;) I actually like maps that differ from the typical 3-lane-layout with a set number of paths / entrances and so on. But I think the timings (rush / rotate)  combined with the layout choices can lead to a heavily ct-sided map. Couldnt attend the playtest yesterday over on reddit but i think ive read "too ctsided" more than one time in the comments. 

I really like the overall layout - the heavy focus on mid control is a nice touch - but I think the timings will break its neck if they stay like they are right now.