What I'm Working On

Man you really need to have a thick skin for this shit. I suppose you can't expect the average gamer to apply more reasoning than 'that sux' or 'thats amazing!!!' though

The reskin looks very nice and is exactly what kind of map CS:GO needs just now.

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi all! Here's a preview of DE_SUBZERO. The awesome Tanuki (creator of Seaside and Downtown) helped design the layout, and I created all the art. However, penE from DE_CACHE made the old-school c

Hi guys   So it's summertime for me. That means, I want to create 3 new maps! I'm creating this thread to keep account of these projects and because it should be a fun journey for all, like

OK! Here are the first screenshots of DE_SANTORINI.      For this level, I'm trying to purely map "tones", until I'm ready to add in actual textures. The tones allow me to control for contrast

Posted Images

Man you really need to have a thick skin for this shit. I suppose you can't expect the average gamer to apply more reasoning than 'that sux' or 'thats amazing!!!' though

The reskin looks very nice and is exactly what kind of map CS:GO needs just now.

It's fucking stressful I'm not even gonna lie. I'm not talking about the content of messages at all, good or bad, positive or negative, just interacting with 1000's of people on forums is pretty stressful haha. Gotta meditate hard on those times cuz it'll stress ya out. 

Looks so good!  Can't wait to play it.  One thing is kinda bugging me though:

NewSeason_0002_-496.8-868.1-71.6-3.2-149

The scene looks flat in a weird Quake 3 pro settings way (looks a little fullbright too).  Maybe putting some green light from that wall could make it feel a bit less flat.  Also the roof could use less light going to it.

And I think you should add a bit of noise in some of your textures too man ;)

Dat skybox <3. I still don't get those pipes through those ceiling beams as mentioned before and I'll have to agree with the cleanliness, but that's just because I can't deal with the fact that the pro community must need white walls, zero clutter, zero fog and whatnot in order to be able to hit an enemy. Surroundings should be part of advanced tactics, but I'll stop the rant to prevent going offtopic even further ;)

I can understand the comments about it looking TOO clean. But on the other hand, having played high level CS back in the day, I just love the readability that this clean style presents, it makes playing the map so much more enjoyable. I think you could get away with adding a bit of noise here and there if you really wanted to and still have it look great and readable.