FMPONE

What I'm Working On, 2014-Forever

2 hours ago, El_Exodus said:

The thing I'm actually most amazed of, is the ice cave texture. How did you achieve that? It looks like it's kind of translucent. It'd be interesting to see some material/texture magic of it.

That's nice thank you! It's nothing fancy, just careful observation of real ice caves, normals, cubemap, alpha. The sculpting and shapes being accurate is probably the big thing.

9 hours ago, FMPONE said:

Models :)

Also, the idea would be that the sky will be darker than it is now, not that it's dark already.

I don't think the sky is the problem, imo you should increase the exposure of your lighting the make the snow whiter, try to crank up a little bit the HDR, I always had some great result with icy maps when I pushed the HDR to the limits.

GIFMaker.org_n7pfGs.gif?psid=1

On 31/08/2017 at 11:31 AM, FMPONE said:

Hi all!

Here's a preview of DE_SUBZERO. The awesome Tanuki (creator of Seaside and Downtown) helped design the layout, and I created all the art. However, penE from DE_CACHE made the old-school crates as a cameo, I love that guy :D聽 Shout out to all the wonderful people who provided helpful feedback on the visuals and gameplay so far!

1.thumb.jpg.0ba872a5b5454852e7c5cf9916973378.jpg

2.thumb.jpg.c6f82225e510bbcac18094263050e1af.jpg

3.thumb.jpg.88ba845dcf597deae8f129789b3cf077.jpg

4.thumb.jpg.398afaf2fd072905c394a75376e5cbd0.jpg

5.thumb.jpg.d19994b43faecc24599f4307eb4fc0be.jpg

12.thumb.jpg.7948d15fde6542eac308aa097de063fc.jpg

6.thumb.jpg.1dc54f235e6f35cb3a7aa0332f4196e5.jpg

7.thumb.jpg.816c3f6a03146456553d6c233bc32e9b.jpg

8.thumb.jpg.fbc53a9057a6da93c22064ecabb09911.jpg

9.thumb.jpg.145ab465e010d2fdea6edf74384df930.jpg

11.thumb.jpg.79d3a5364a2f4fa01805d4bd9b08593c.jpg

im in such ore of this map, should be really proud all of you who worked on it.聽

#laterotheparty, huge congrats for getting so far. It's impressive and inspiring that you went all out to make all your art while just until "the other day" you relied on artists.

Surely there are bits of improvements like suggested above, but I can't judge by just looking at this on the phone.

22 minutes ago, shawnolson said:

Looking good @FMPONE. Really nice.

Thank you Shawn. And thank you for all your help and for聽Wall Worm 馃悰聽

On 9/4/2017 at 0:11 AM, blackdog said:

#laterotheparty, huge congrats for getting so far. It's impressive and inspiring that you went all out to make all your art while just until "the other day" you relied on artists.

Surely there are bits of improvements like suggested above, but I can't judge by just looking at this on the phone.

Thank you.

I have to agree with leplubodeslapin聽on the skybox. I strongly feel that the darker skybox seriously contrasts with the scenery in an unnatural way, but it's inevitable that the line between the matter of the map and the skybox becomes more apparant with a bigger contrast. A snowy, icy area with a sky that suggest summertime just feels a bit strange to me.

But, gameplay takes huge priority over overall artistic feeling, at which point this argument becomes irrelevant at the quality roof of the map. I'm not sure if it would be possible to make the skybox make more sense to the wheather portrayed in the map, but if it's not possible, leave it be :)

Great start man!
I don't really dig the camo yet though, but the direction is promising!
The camo looks a bit blurry right now. Doesn't fit the new player model style as well as it could imo. It might work if you'd scale the pattern down a bit,

If you're doing CTs as well, the camo could be brighter on them. It would make the player models distinguishable, but also fitting the environment perfectly. Plus, it would look badass af.

72757774-Winter-arctic-mountains-warfare

Keep it going! Player models are awesome stuff to explore!!

14 hours ago, El_Exodus said:

Great start man!
I don't really dig the camo yet though, but the direction is promising!
The camo looks a bit blurry right now. Doesn't fit the new player model style as well as it could imo. It might work if you'd scale the pattern down a bit,

If you're doing CTs as well, the camo could be brighter on them. It would make the player models distinguishable, but also fitting the environment perfectly. Plus, it would look badass af.

72757774-Winter-arctic-mountains-warfare

Keep it going! Player models are awesome stuff to explore!!

Also aren't most camos now pixel design?

@FMPONE do you think custom player models would be an obstacle on the map being selected for an operation? I would kinda think that Valve wouldn't want people to mess with their models?
(But I think this is rad, that we could do with a bit of COD in CSGO -- ie: I'd like custome hostages depending on setting but also custom operators like yours would be great)