FMPONE

What I'm Working On, 2014-Forever

Aurora makes it perfect, I love the design, outside areas are vibrant, but some inside areas arent which will make for "depressing environment", also too much "stain/wear" on

some props especially on that box that you used multiple times in the level.Some inside areas are bit dark, would be happy if you brightened it a bit.    

Mid has visually too much going on especially on the sides (rockets sticking out) I would simplify it, also the valve on A bomb site might cause all problems.              

Overall you have pushed Source Engine limitations again, and I think this is your greatest project ever, hope we will see it on Major soon.

Edited by RAD

3 hours ago, FMPONE said:

Hi all!

Here's a preview of DE_SUBZERO. The awesome Tanuki (creator of Seaside and Downtown) helped design the layout, and I created all the art. However, penE from DE_CACHE made the old-school crates as a cameo, I love that guy :D  Shout out to all the wonderful people who provided helpful feedback on the visuals and gameplay so far!

1.thumb.jpg.0ba872a5b5454852e7c5cf9916973378.jpg

2.thumb.jpg.c6f82225e510bbcac18094263050e1af.jpg

3.thumb.jpg.88ba845dcf597deae8f129789b3cf077.jpg

4.thumb.jpg.398afaf2fd072905c394a75376e5cbd0.jpg

5.thumb.jpg.d19994b43faecc24599f4307eb4fc0be.jpg

12.thumb.jpg.7948d15fde6542eac308aa097de063fc.jpg

6.thumb.jpg.1dc54f235e6f35cb3a7aa0332f4196e5.jpg

7.thumb.jpg.816c3f6a03146456553d6c233bc32e9b.jpg

8.thumb.jpg.fbc53a9057a6da93c22064ecabb09911.jpg

9.thumb.jpg.145ab465e010d2fdea6edf74384df930.jpg

11.thumb.jpg.79d3a5364a2f4fa01805d4bd9b08593c.jpg

*Compliments the detailing in map

*Says something about how realistic it looks

*Says something about how I can't wait for this to be released

Looks great man congratz! kinda reminds me of Deadspace3 wich is nice :) also good job on the ice blocks in the first two screenshots and I love this spot in particular:

9.jpg

btw have you tried making it a darker / night skybox? could bring out the aurora more :nag:

Edited by catfood

Just now, catfood said:

Looks great man congratz! kinda reminds me of Deadspace3 wich is nice :) also good job on the ice blocks and I love this spot in particular:

9.jpg

btw have you tried making it a darker / night skybox? could bring out the aurora more :nag:

Thank you dude!

Your maps for CS:S were so inspiring back in the day, they were my favorite. My GF gave me lots of feedback on that area, maybe that's why it turned out nice. She's smart...

I could try that with the skybox, thank you!

I like the idea of a darker, more "depressing" interior design. You have a history of bright, clean maps and I'd love to see something with a grittier tone from you. Then again, ice is pretty reflective...

When does it hit the workshop? ;)

Edited by sevin

40 minutes ago, catfood said:

Looks great man congratz! kinda reminds me of Deadspace3 wich is nice :) also good job on the ice blocks in the first two screenshots and I love this spot in particular:

9.jpg

That's the first thing you see when you spawn as CT..
With all that blood moving to somewhere else than your brain, there is no way this map is going to be CT sided :v  - if you know what i mean.

Great job, FMPONY

Edited by El_Exodus

Holy shit O_O

Dude you're insane. I'm so glad for you that you decided to make your own art, obviously it took you a enormous amount of time but you did exactly what you wanted.

About the Aurora, I wouldn't react the same as others. First of all, they are far away up in the sky, you can't see one with a mountain behind it, I don't think that's possible at all. They are freaking huge !
Also, it seems to happen during the day and you just can't see them during they day, sky needs to be dark and without clouds to see them. Also, the green ones aren't visible in real-time, you have to use an APN with long exposure time to see these beautiful vertical green auroras. But you can see some others such as the white ones, it looks like milk in the sky :) 

When i saw Auroras for the first time, I was just amazed by how it moves, there's really something magical about them.

Anyway, you don't have to make it realistic anyway, just wanted to warn you, others might criticize this.

I very much like the lighting inside, i don't think it becomes too dark, it seems fine.

I also love the fact that it's not repetitive at all, all areas are different enough but also fits together (i think).

I would love to see the map in hammer or another way to see what's brushes and what's models.

I personally love this one

8.jpg

The one Catfood is pointing at reminds me of Half-Life 2 so much !

You have all the tools your need to make EP3 now, DO IT

Edited by leplubodeslapin