FMPONE

What I'm Working On, 2014-Forever

1 hour ago, Radu said:

@FMPONE when are you going to try some non-4leafclover layouts?

Subzero is pretty strange, have you played it? :)

1 hour ago, RaVaGe said:

No pics no clicks.

Pretty sure there was a picture in that post :D

Wasn't that map supposed to be a remake of seaside? I ran around it for a few minutes and it looks nothing like seaside.

34 minutes ago, FMPONE said:

Subzero is pretty strange, have you played it? :)

Yes, I liked the terrorist mid entry and bangable wall section on one of the bombsites, but it's not strange enough.

5 minutes ago, Radu said:

Yes, I liked the terrorist mid entry and bangable wall section on one of the bombsites, but it's not strange enough.

What are your favorite maps? 

4 minutes ago, FMPONE said:

What are your favorite maps? 

inferno and aztec(I just dropped the mic with that one, but I really appreciate aztec's compact and simple layout)

havent played it with real people yet - but the timings seem like way of for my taste :( CTs are able to get into defending positions way earlier than the Ts are on the sites and the routes are pretty sniper heavy + you can smoke / molotov of every entrances on the sites :(

Hey, so I ran around this for about 15 minutes and I found it quite interesting. Sorry for the image quality, I was on my laptop where I have to play 800 x 600 for CS to be playable.

So, firstly, I'm not a fan of this angle. Timings work out so CTs can get to this spot and watch any T who passes that window. An awper can get an easy pick and fall back into the cover of the crate, then repeat.

589a586085d9c_AWPAngle.jpg.0b74fbedc5d516d0f91127fdc0c7291b.jpg

Speaking of the window, it seems a bit odd to have it on-route to the door. One benefit of a door is it's element of suprise, so if a T on his way to the door is visible by the rest of the site, then when he/she opens the door, they are at a disadvantage against the CTs. 

589a5866868de_WindowandDoor.jpg.ebdd6919cc7bf4de5e31bdc253d59268.jpg

Also, I'm unsure about how the pit in A Site will play out. A CT playing there has a lack of cover and no exit other than exposing themselves to the entire site. A molly would render it completely useless. Going off of what you said here...

3 hours ago, FMPONE said:

If you have any ideas on how to make the map more strange, feel free 

...Perhaps you could link the bottom of the pit to another area near the site. Example:

589a5864bd4db_NewEntrance.jpg.1edcbde5fbf04d0f6a7779bb6bef9c37.jpg

589a586344e37_NewEntrancePit.jpg.5afabc83682d1949fbd7d500eef33e03.jpg

Lastly, I'm curious as to what what purpose the double doors have? I'm worried that they may just hinder mobility.

589a586240f76_DoubleDoors.jpg.fa5af82f6073ae64d10755f0150b486d.jpg

Overall, I like the map. It's very unique, which is always a bonus. Everthing I've said is just speculation, though. Playtesting will probably prove me wrong.

Good luck! :D 

16 hours ago, SirK said:

havent played it with real people yet - but the timings seem like way of for my taste :( CTs are able to get into defending positions way earlier than the Ts are on the sites and the routes are pretty sniper heavy + you can smoke / molotov of every entrances on the sites :(

That's not a bad thing. Not every map has to have the exact same timings or number paths/entrances.