i got the game. i played it. i didnt like it. i quit

i dont think this is my type of game.

it was too dark and the game controls were too nasty The game won't run if you don't update it and if you update it it tells you need to purchase the game.

Edited by Taylor Swift

1. I have not noticed any retarded "companion app"/microtransaction bullshit. Hooray!

2. This game is a lot of fun, thus far.

3. This game is beautiful and looks much better than Far Cry 3.

4. The world looks much more unique and "hand-sculpted" than the islands in Far Cry 3. Just richer somehow.

i got the game. i played it. i didnt like it. i quit

i dont think this is my type of game.

it was too dark and the game controls were too nasty The game won't run if you don't update it and if you update it it tells you need to purchase the game.

You bloody pirate you!

Glad to hear you guys are enjoying it. Its a really improved and fun Far Cry experience.  I was looking forward to playing it today, but unfortunately, us devs in Toronto are stuck behind the, 'we didn't get our games on release day DRM'...  :argh:

:/

Edited by Grinwhrl

Am liking this so far, as I suspected I would as I loved the third one. Have just finished Act 1 and done my first outpost, as well as unlocking the ability to ride elephants which I will try out tomorrow :) The world looks cool, I'm looking forward to the progression further up and into the mountains. I guess the only criticism I'd throw at it so far is that the story, specifically the intro section was a bit weaker than the last game. I thought in Far Cry 3 the idea of being a guy who was backpacking and got captured, and in turn (and due to his brother's death at the hands of the main villan) took his revenge on the bad guys  - was simple and made sense, however here the reasons for the main character getting drawn into all this conflict (went to scatter his mothers ashes, everyone on this island recognizes him as the son of someone important somehow and he sticks around to help them all out) doesn't quite gel so well. Still, it's only a backbone for all the awesome gameplay which so far seems to retain all the good stuff from FC3 and then some, which is cool. Looking across the map it seems there's a ton of stuff to do so can't wait to get stuck in over the next few days :)

5. I am, as mentioned before in this thread, slightly disappointed that the weapons are 80% copy-paste from Far Cry 3. Would've been nice to explore a new arsenal.

The whole game is 80% copy-paste from Far Cry 3 :P

Hehe, okay, that's a bit true. Just feels like you'd replace the weapons since they are a fairly "easy" thing to replace. I dunno. :P

Had limited time for games yesterday, but I loaded this up as well and played it for an hour. Like you guys are saying then it's definitely more of the same, but that's not a bad thing for the most part. I'm still not entirely sure how I feel about the first person platforming when climbing the towers tho, was never the biggest fan of it in 3, and it does tend to feel kinda awkward (like 1st person platforming often does).

Anyway, looking forward to spending more time with it, seems like yet another game recently that you can sink in a lot of time into.

5. I am, as mentioned before in this thread, slightly disappointed that the weapons are 80% copy-paste from Far Cry 3. Would've been nice to explore a new arsenal.

There is always GTA5 100% copy-paste.  :P

Hehe, okay, that's a bit true. Just feels like you'd replace the weapons since they are a fairly "easy" thing to replace. I dunno. :P

I think it would be the perfect game to create your own improvised weapons. I'm surprised they didn't go that route to expand on the whole crafting system.

Edited by Grinwhrl

There are transquiliser guns so I don't have to horrifically murder cute grizzly bears and such... right?! Even if skinning them I'd like to give them a peaceful death. :sad:

There are transquiliser guns so I don't have to horrifically murder cute grizzly bears and such... right?! Even if skinning them I'd like to give them a peaceful death. :sad:

Because skinning them alive feels so much better...  :twisted:

No tranqs...but you can use arrows...a *little bit* more humane ;P.