Dejavo

de_bruises pimpage and accountability thread

Looks really good and interesting, please post some more screenshots!

The only thing not fitting in the last pic is the texture oft the shutters, it looks way too clean, maybe you could add some rust or scratches.

It's an improvement. It's still very clean. IMO now that you have the props you should try littering a lot more, to not make the props seem conspicuous. If the props aren't enough, try with dust particles etc. You could also try adding more dark textures to the corners and recesses of the level for more depth. The level needs to come to life.

Of course I'm commenting on this as if this is final. I don't know what state it is in right now, so deal with the crits as they are.

Thanks for the pointers guys. Yeah "the coming to life part" is a bit tricky for me right now. I'm trying to look at refs to find stuff that would add make the scene feel more complete without messing with the readability to much since its a cs-map after all.

Thanks for the pointers guys. Yeah "the coming to life part" is a bit tricky for me right now. I'm trying to look at refs to find stuff that would add make the scene feel more complete without messing with the readability to much since its a cs-map after all.

As I understand it, you're just the 3D artist. I'm sure the designer (or playtests) will tell you whether it's readable or not. So from my perspective, if I was the set dresser/3D artist, I'd just start adding stuff and overdoing it to get it just right. You can always worry about readability once that is done, because it's much easier to remove stuff than it is to add it.

Scrambling to get this ready for a last playtest asap.

LxCgW7W.jpg

T-spawn

g78ibcl.jpg

B-site:

akwTtUF.jpg

zJ0W0Aj.jpg

Open to well thought out and not well thought out feedback.

Edited by Dejavo

It looks nice already, and the potential is obvious. I think the lighting is your biggest issue. It's very flat and boring. With some moody BF3/4 style lighting, you'll get much better results.