Dr. Delta

[CS:GO] de_binnenhof

Oh oh Den Haag... That's my city baby. Too bad I missed the playtest. I will keep my eye on this. Are you a local as well or are you building this based on reference shots you've found?

Will you include the hofvijver too?

Since I am doing the map's architecture, I can answer that question. I was using Google Earth and StreetView mostly, along with some aerial pictures and different reference photos to make proportions, heights and so on match. It is not 100% precise, but that was never the goal. We will carefully recreate objects as props and so on to catch the area, while still having a playable map. The hofvijver is included, partly in the skybox, but basically fully visible from one part of the map! Delta is Dutch, I am German. But we both live in Germany, so we feel pretty safe concerning AIVD :D Expect more screenshots and playtests in future. We have our own server, so we might invite to playtests that are not mapcore-official from time to time.

Excellent. I'll follow this thread for future updates. Also, don't forget to show the little island in the hofvijver, that's what it's famous for :)

WWWOOWW!

I really want to see this map running on my pc!

Could you tell me which program created as models?

I refer to the capture of Model (s).

Thank you and I encourage you to keep going!

Sorry for my English!

WWWOOWW!

I really want to see this map running on my pc!

Could you tell me which program created as models?

I refer to the capture of Model (s).

Thank you and I encourage you to keep going!

Sorry for my English!

Thanks for your enthusiasm!

I'm currently using 3ds Max for the modeling, but any modern modeling application (Maya, Softimage, Blender, Modo, etc) can be used of course. :)

Edited by Dr. Delta

The previous play-test proved very useful, and we have improved upon a lot of the feedback we received, thanks again for that!

New play-test:
Today (May 18th 2014) we're organizing another play-test at 23:00 CEST (international timetable). Download and unpack the following file containing the map files into your CSGO directory. You can you join around that time using the following console command to join our very own 14 slots CSGO server:
connect 195.4.107.94:27015; password Qnr83X71y64I

Changes:
18-05-2014_changes-1.jpg
Changed route to A, making it easier and more 'CS-like'.

18-05-2014_changes-1b.jpg
Added a brush version of the 'Mauritshuis'.

18-05-2014_changes-2.jpg
Made the stairs-route to A more clear, and changed something in the cover in this middle area.

18-05-2014_changes-3.jpg
The unnatural slanted stairs have been replaced with vertical only stairs, another layer of scaffolding is added, moving the stairs from the window away somewhere better fitted. The play area is now surrounded with railing so you can't easily fall off. The water now kills.

18-05-2014_changes-3b.jpg
Roof mounted stairs allow the CTs to go onto the terrace where Ts can come from. The Ts have normal stairs, while the CTs have to climb a ladder.

18-05-2014_changes-4.jpg
The T spawn is lowered to prevent unwanted camping (and sniping B). Clips are improved.

18-05-2014_changes-4b.jpg
More clear routes to A via scaffolding outside, and stairs to roof above A.

18-05-2014_changes-5.jpg
Scaffolding outside A is made more simple, some windows are blocked to provide cover.

18-05-2014_changes-6.jpg
One of the two exits of the CT B route is blocked, because it made the route unsafe (no cover), and additional scaffolding is added to allow CTs to go to B easily and safe (since it's far away).

18-05-2014_changes-7.jpg
Route to B is blocked because it made the different routes too complex, there's only the entrance at the back now left, which leads to B.

18-05-2014_changes-8.jpg
Complex room is made into a simpler and easier to navigate route to B.

18-05-2014_changes-8b.jpg
Current area has 2 entrances (stairs from bridge, and door from middle courtyard), making it easier.

18-05-2014_changes-9.jpg
Left window on B is blocked to give Ts more cover, which was something that they didn't have enough on the previous version.

18-05-2014_changes-10.jpg
Route to the bridge scaffolding is simplified and nicer to navigate. You can now get on top of the car with a ladder instead of jumping on a bunch of things. Cover on the bridge windows is changed, right window now has less cover while the left one is boarded with wood.

Edited by Dr. Delta

I really like bombsite A, it's exciting running around on roofs and such and there are all sorts of interesting grenade possibilities. For me bombsite B felt a bit out on a limb for both teams, mostly because both teams have a more long/complex route to get there but also because it's on the other side of mid which as people kept saying feels like a really dangerous route. I would completely redesign mid to start with -- maybe the building with bombsite B could extend further towards CT spawn or something, and I never really understood what game-play purpose the scaffolding serves.

If I were getting more experimental I'd try moving bombsite B out in to the courtyard to the north and scrapping most of the southern parts of the map, but it would be understandably painful to say goodbye to so much work!

Overall the playtest proved fun! I look forward to seeing how this map evolves.

Update #2 - 02/07/2014

We've been silent for a little while (Sathor got married! :D ), but we're happy to post our latest update and playtest!

Previous play-tests proved useful, and once again based on the feedback we've decided to change things, this time however, a little more drastic than you might expect. We've changed bombsite B, entirely.

Here's a small list of our changes:

• Moved B
  • New scaffolding at B, allows CTs to quickly enter and secure B
  • New T spawn, better readability and timing
  • New "stairway" from T spawn to "terrace", "hallway" and "courtyard"
  • New route from "stairway" to "hallway", reduces corner peeking/sniping
  • Redesigned routes to new B
  • Removed scaffolding/areas/routes, due to new B
  • Removed ladder from CT roof to T roof
This update also includes several custom props, including a fence and windows.

New play-test:

Today (July 2nd 2014) we'll  be organizing another play-test at 19:30 CEST (international timetable). Download the map. You can you join around that time using the following console command to join our very own 14 slots CSGO server:

connect 195.4.107.94:27015; password binnen
Changes:

2-7-2014_changes_1.jpg

Added custom models (windows, fence) and updated some of the aesthetics.

2-7-2014_changes_2.jpg

Changed the cover in the "courtyard", and updated the map visually.

2-7-2014_changes_3.jpg

The new B, one of the entrances via "courtyard" via the scaffolding.

2-7-2014_changes_4.jpg

The new T spawn, moved slightly back into the building. Better timing.

2-7-2014_changes_5.jpg

New route for Ts to go to either A or B. Up the stairs go to "terrace", down the stairs go to "courtyard" and "hallways", down the hall is "bridge" which goes to the new B.

2-7-2014_changes_6.jpg

The new B, outside the window is scaffolding. B has 3 entrances, one behind you (see next picture), one from the left and one through the window.

2-7-2014_changes_7.jpg

A small room behind the new B, with some peeking windows.

2-7-2014_changes_8.jpg

Updated entrance/exit for T "stairwell" to "courtyard", route to "hallways" is also changed.

2-7-2014_overview.jpg

Left the old overview, right the new.

2-7-2014_model_1.jpg

Some custom windows models in-game

2-7-2014_model_2.jpg

Showing the current modular set up of some window models.

Edited by Dr. Delta