Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare

Izuno

So I've been a long standing Call of Duty fan. COD1 was one of the first multiplayer games I played at lan parties and I've owned every one except for the most recent two. This one looks quite refreshing and seems to have distanced itself the fartherst from modern times than any of the recent ones, which is in my opinoin a great sign. The mulitplayer generally only varies in degrees of what class of weapons are overpowered and how powerful the kill streaks are but this time around they show characters "super jumping" and Spider-Man like wall climbing  which gives me hopes that the maps will be opened up to new ways to traverse vertical surfaces and hopefully accomidate new a new playstyle. This is also the first COD by Sledgehammer I'll be playing. In the past I have not been a fan of Infinity Wards multiplayer contributions to the series but have always enjoyed Treyarcs. I hope Sledgehammer also does well in this regard and I'll have 2 good COD's to look foward to instead of one.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

MP footage.

The funny thing is, this is actually looking like it may be a bit of a departure from the standard CoD-fare (not saying if this new take is good or bad). But, that might be the thing that actually creates a problem, because a large part of the CoD playerbase probably don't like change (deep-down) nor all this "sci fi mumbojumbo". Will be interesting to see if they embrace this stuff or not.

MP footage.

The funny thing is, this is actually looking like it may be a bit of a departure from the standard CoD-fare (not saying if this new take is good or bad). But, that might be the thing that actually creates a problem, because a large part of the CoD playerbase probably don't like change (deep-down) nor all this "sci fi mumbojumbo". Will be interesting to see if they embrace this stuff or not.

Yeah, even though COD is pretty fast paced as it is, then this looks like it'll speed up even more. But then they'll probably lose a lot and gain a lot of people by doing that. Personally then for the first time in years I'm kinda curious and interested in a COD game (beyond the fact that everyfuckingthing else is being pushed to 2015 and this being the only thing that's guaranteed to come out this year :D). At the very least to check out all this new customisation stuff, and if it'll actually be balanced.

BF4 "Levolution"

+ Titanfall (without Titans)

+ Crysis' Nanosuit

+ Little bit typical CoD

CoD:AW

Pretty much. But then again, I don't think we can dismiss any game for having "components" that can be linked to other games. Virtually every game has some sort of heritage or inspiration and what truly makes a good game is how everything comes together in the end. For example, Crysis 1 nor 2 (haven't played 3) didn't have particularly tight or memorable multiplayer gameplay which CoD:AW atleast has the potential of having.

BF4 "Levolution"

+ Titanfall (without Titans)

+ Crysis' Nanosuit

+ Little bit typical CoD

CoD:AW

Pretty much. But then again, I don't think we can dismiss any game for having "components" that can be linked to other games. Virtually every game has some sort of heritage or inspiration and what truly makes a good game is how everything comes together in the end. For example, Crysis 1 nor 2 (haven't played 3) didn't have particularly tight or memorable multiplayer gameplay which CoD:AW atleast has the potential of having.

That's true. But still - it jumped right into my eye :D