Thrik

What's going on with your life?

I've been staring at computer screens for so long that I've finally had to get glasses to carry on staring at them, 10 hours a day fucked my eyes too much. The headaches and eyestrain have subsided, hurrah.

1 hour ago, Puddy said:

Congrats on the loss!

What kind of headaches are they? Are they migraines? Are you noticing any patterns when they appear?

I get short (couple seconds to a minute max) but frequent nerve pains mostly around my left eye and temple area and in worst case up into my brain. Feels kinda like when you have a sentitive tooth and drink something hot or cold. On good days i only have it once or twice but on bad days it happens a few times per hour and have a constant but subtle pain lingering in addition.

It's pretty annoying. Nothing life threatening tho, already had a brain scan that showed nothing.

1 hour ago, KoKo5oVaR said:

Could be the wisdom teeth indeed steppenwolf, i had a ear occasionally whistling for a year, i thought something was wrong with it, but apparentely it was due to a wisdom teeth very close to the jaw nerve that goes from the jaw to the ear. Anyway, it stopped whistling when i had the wisdom teeth out.

1 minute ago, Steppenwolf said:

I get short (couple seconds to a minute max) but frequent nerve pains mostly around my left eye and temple area and in worst case up into my brain. Feels kinda like when you have a sentitive tooth and drink something hot or cold. On good days i only have it once or twice but on bad days it happens a few times per hour and have a constant but subtle pain lingering in addition.

It's pretty annoying. Nothing life threatening tho, already had a brain scan that showed nothing.

Koko5 might be on to something. I'm assuming your wisdom teeth are misaligned and, since the nerves are very close to them, they might be messing with the nerves. My wisdom teeth were totally fucked up (misaligned 90 degrees) and sat like a fucking rock on my jawbone, very close to the nerves. I was warned when removing them that the nerves could be damaged and I would feel numb for 6 months or so. Luckily, that was avoided.

Anyway, I'm not a doctor and I have no real idea if it could be tied to the wisdom teeth, but let's hope so! :) 

Other factors to consider would be eyesight/eye strain or not getting true "rest" (getting your stress to very low levels once every day for 30mins-1hour). Hope it works out! 

Problem is that ther's a thousand possible reasons for facial pains and headaches. I went to dentist, ENT, eye doctor, MRI already.

If wisdom teeth arn't the cause then my doc will send me to a neurologist and get a cat scan of my neck as the next steps.

I got glasses as well a couple years ago… haven't really used them tho.

I was seeing fuzzy only after a day at the computer, now with smartphones being high resolution, and the step up to full HD on the laptop, I never really feel the need of.

The Unreal editor I must say seems to be doing some thing strange with fonts, they are not as crispy as all other apps, also quite small and in general UI wasn't so clear and I felt like putting glasses on.

You fuckers should ALL get glasses while working on the computer, you only get a pair of eyes and it's not like your monitors will care if you look like a nerd, just do it!

Stepp, good luck with that stuff man. I'm willing to bet it's your wisdom teeth, Many doctors recommend you just remove all 4 and get it done with. It's better if we do it now.

1 minute ago, Sigma said:

If you do get the wisdom teeth out - and you need a painkiller - tea bags. Stuff one or two in your mouth, and they have a chemical that helps alleviate pain in them (as well as something soft to bite on).

So much this! It really worked for me, it makes your blood clog faster in your mouth as well so you wont bleed for too long.

Trying to find an apartment and a job in Austin TX, Currently living in Los Angeles.  Going through a divorce, so I need my own place, LA is just too expensive! And I also need to keep mapping!

sounds like the jaw nerve, had some similar "phantom" pain after I got a wisdom tooth removed. It hasn't come back in years now though

19 hours ago, Steppenwolf said:

Yeah, get well soon @Steppenwolf and goog luck @FX with the job and house hunting. Yo @dux, are we going to see a pic of you with your fancy new hipster glasses :P

As I was getting ready for work today, I realized a great benefit of losing weight. Every kilo I lose, makes my dick look bigger :)

1 hour ago, Sprony said:

Yeah, get well soon @Steppenwolf and goog luck @FX with the job and house hunting. Yo @dux, are we going to see a pic of you with your fancy new hipster glasses :P

As I was getting ready for work today, I realized a great benefit of losing weight. Every kilo I lose, makes my dick look bigger :)

Which is especially beneficial when you work as an exotic dancer. Keep it up, mate!

Very down in the dumps as of recently, I have no job as though i'm searching for anything to fill that void and i'm building my portfolio and resume to become a better level designer so i can find a position as a level designer in the future. Every day I feel i'm not putting enough effort in as a level designer as my parents say I don't put enough effort in as a level designer and want me to find a part time job so i can pay off my debts. Its very hard, every day I dream about becoming a level designer but I feel like i'm one step further from becoming a good designer. I lost my girlfriend because she thinks I won't find a sustainable job and she thinks i'm good for nothing, and every day i hope everything will get better but I just end up hoping for nothing. I don't expect any pity. I deserve it, whether or not i truly do or not but i hope things get better from here, I want to work for a triple A company and make a living for myself so i can make my parents proud, but deep down I want to make myself proud. Knowing i went from a gameplay programmer as i studied in school and learned to create and understand maps as a level designer. For anyone who listened and felt no empathy, thanks for listening, hopefully i only improve from here.