Thrik

What's going on with your life?

I'm about to go on 3 weeks leave to recover from crunch time. I don't know what to do with myself. Obviously 1 week will be me with no pants playing all the video games I didn't have time for but outside of that I'm not sure. Probably going on a diet and exercise regiment to make up for the time but I was considering working on a personal game. Whatever it is though, I'm planning to focus on make it tight and fun. Something arcady.

On a side note, here's John Vignocchi talking about the game I worked on. Disney Inifnity 3 Marvel Battlegrounds.

@AlexM Good to here! Enjoy your rest

Pretty hard time here, I try to do something with Ultraflow 2 but it's a commercial fail :/ (on Android at least). We are waiting for some official codes from the USA in order to release the game on WP and iOS. It's not very pleasant, I'm tired of administrative processes. Also, if someone had a contact in game publishing in China and Japan, I'll be glad to hear about it. 

On the job warfield: I had an interview this week with Ubisoft after they called me the week before. Waiting for an answer within two weeks as they met several people. It was weird 'cause it was not a classic job interview as they just wanted to meet students to find new talents. I don't even know if they want to put me on a game design, level design or producing position ^^ I also received and answered to a game design test from Splash Damage. Same for the open game design test from Epic Games #hope #ihavenochance. And finally, I'll meet a recruiter from Goodgame studio this week to talk about their opportunities!
So you were right, there's no need for a recruitment agency.

Plus, I've got a beautiful girlfriend for one month now! 

Everything would be great if only ultraflow2's revenues were good...

Edited by TheOnlyDoubleF

@AlexM Good to here! Enjoy your rest

Pretty hard time here, I try to do something with Ultraflow 2 but it's a commercial fail :/ (on Android at least). We are waiting for some official codes from the USA in order to release the game on WP and iOS. It's not very pleasant, I'm tired of administrative processes. Also, if someone had a contact in game publishing in China and Japan, I'll be glad to hear about it. 

On the job warfield: I had an interview this week with Ubisoft after they called me the week before. Waiting for an answer within two weeks as they met several people. It was weird 'cause it was not a classic job interview as they just wanted to meet students to find new talents. I don't even know if they want to put me on a game design, level design or producing position ^^ I also received and answered to a game design test from Splash Damage. Same for the open game design test from Epic Games #hope #ihavenochance. And finally, I'll meet a recruiter from Goodgame studio this week to talk about their opportunities!
So you were right, there's no need for a recruitment agency.

Plus, I've got a beautiful girlfriend for one month now! 

Everything would be great if only ultraflow2's revenues were good...

Should of let me know, Matt was literally reviewing those applications across from me.

I only associate this now with rubbish "reality" English TV :( (The Only Way is Essex - TOWIE)

So I'm coming close to the end of my 3 weeks vacation and I dont want it to end! I had to spend about half of it dealing with general bullshit I ignored while under the gun at work like taxes and my american citizenship process. The other half of the vacation was divine though. Played video games at my leisure, did a ton of experimenting and work in the Unreal engine, got lots of exercise and did a lot of cooking! Even when I was programming on the Unreal engine it never felt like work. Stuff on there is complicated but always logical. It's a pleasure. 

Problem is I don't want this to end. I would love to find some way to find a better life balance. The Unreal engine seems to be REALLY taking off from the perspective of companies who can afford to pay though. I think I'm going to double down on understanding the engine and maybe try to see if I can find some kind of niche in consulting or tooling. 

Although there's a part of me that wants to go back to my early twenties and just get the cheapest place I can get so I can have maximum time to myself to do whatever. 

Currently searching which studio could be open to help with a school project with my school. Goal would be to develop something, from the idea, to experiments, to business plan, to prototypes and beyond. Like a serious thing. Kinda struck in out for now. Currently Ubisoft seems to be the best candidate since they know my school and are conducting similar projects, but for now, the idea I have can be both garbage or a gold mine, trying to figure out that these days.( this all takes part in a whole life crisis turmoil. I have came to a step where I have to choose what to do with my life and man it's hard. All that explains why I'm particularly unsuccessful for now)

Would anyone know studios that would be willing to conduct a shared project with master students, even if it is not necessarily a money maker at all? Or am I being crazy anyone would support that?

No idea what's the answer @laminutederire, best of luck for the endeavour tho.

~

in mundane news just got finally home. Flight delayed 3 hours because of yesterday's weather; luckily had a business class ticket to make the wait more bearable. Problem was in Italy, no transport other than taxi at 2AM, so I "slept" sitting at a table in the only dark spot of the airport. Also forgot my book on the plane -_-'

All in all, would have definitely been much better value for money pay the full taxi fare (90€) straight away.

Edited by blackdog

So about a month ago, due to complications with one of my roommates, not paying rent at our Apartment, we all got evicted. Ive been living at my parents house again for the last few weeks, picked up a job nearby to make some cash. I have how ever, for the first time in over a year, been more inspired to level design than I have in a long time, so its been pretty interesting. Besides, I get to have mom's home cooking again!