Thrik

What's going on with your life?

Congrats @jackophant! Excuse my ignorance, what the title entails you'll be doing? Write code to support the clients' products?

~

Me and my girlfriend almost broke up yesterday. Awful weekend, felt like a massive waste of free time.

I talked her out of it and I dunno if that was the correct choice as I still dunno if I want a life with her. I just feel like I haven't been given the opportunity to make things right, that she always moves the ball and I can't even play.

Me and my girlfriend almost broke up yesterday. Awful weekend, felt like a massive waste of free time.

I talked her out of it and I dunno if that was the correct choice as I still dunno if I want a life with her. I just feel like I haven't been given the opportunity to make things right, that she always moves the ball and I can't even play.

That sounds like a familiar preamble.. :(

Think about her reasons for wanting to break up. If -like me- these reasons weren't that close to reality or possible to fix then she may of already made her mind up and by 'talking her out of it' you've just dragged it out a little bit more. And if that's the case you should be thinking of moving on first.

Erm..hopefully that is helpful and not hard to hear just now, If it makes it an easier pill to swallow I'm much happier now, even though I can't find anywhere to live and my life is a total mess :P

Go back and read all the posts you have written about this relationship so far, it doesn't seem like a healthy one.

This! So much of this @blackdog! Seriously, get out now bro. You'll thank us later. Hit me up if you need to vent.

Go back and read all the posts you have written about this relationship so far, it doesn't seem like a healthy one.

It's easy to complain about the bad times when the good times go by unnoticed. Bad habits of people aren't always consistent, sometimes they flare up leading to these situations.

I don't think it would be right for any of us to put words in your mouth. You should come to the conclusion by yourself, if for no other reason than you have no one to blame but yourself for that decision if it doesn't work out.

But Pampers and Sprony do have a point about reading back over your posts.

People remember? Jeez I must have complained a lot… I'm embarrassed.

Think you're making good points, but just like @jackophant says, it's easy to complain but then there are all the good moments to think of.

I dunno if I'm in a sort of "proudness denial" (ie: if it has to hand, I should be the one, etc); to be fair the girl stresses because she wants a future with me and I'm not ready. And she is supportive for my career aspirations…

anyway embarrassed I wrote so much about the matter 

to be fair the girl stresses because she wants a future with me and I'm not ready. And she is supportive for my career aspirations…

May I ask what you aren't ready for? Or is it more your financial situation than mindset? From what's been discussed it sounds like you've been stuck in a pretty sucky job.

LnprfvM.jpg

But on a serious note I agree with what Pampers said. Don't sound healthy.

People remember? Jeez I must have complained a lot… I'm embarrassed.

Think you're making good points, but just like @jackophant says, it's easy to complain but then there are all the good moments to think of.

I dunno if I'm in a sort of "proudness denial" (ie: if it has to hand, I should be the one, etc); to be fair the girl stresses because she wants a future with me and I'm not ready. And she is supportive for my career aspirations…

anyway embarrassed I wrote so much about the matter 

If she is ready to have a future, but you aren't then there is only one destination this relationship is gonna go buddy. If you can't give her what she wants maybe it's time to face up to that. Hanging on to eachother when neither of you are prepared to commit to what each other wants, it isn't healthy for either of you.

Edited by dux