Thrik

What's going on with your life?

Car Update:

3rd party accepted liability, so I've had all excess fees waived and my No Claims Bonus reinstated. The repair shop closes in a couple of days so I won't get my car back until the new year, but luckily it's only superficial damage and can be fixed!

I can't wait to get my baby back :D

Edited by jackophant

Glad to hear there's no serious damage! 

I'm surprised they waited for the other side to accept liability. You had video evidence it wasn't your fault. With my crash they said I didn't have to pay any excess or lose my no claims bonus since it clearly wasn't my fault.

But hey, glad it's worked out for you and will only end up being a minor inconvenience! 

Quite really disappointed with my girlfriend right now. Going home to see some family, she's gonna meet the parents.

I can understand that 6-7hrs drive to come back from family is unpleasant, but I went to bed not knowing if she'd catch the flight. Also she had vetoed meeting the whole family because it's overwhelming, and I get it… now she doesn't want to meet two out of my three best friends because she wants to relax instead of going seeing places and suggested I leave her in Venice and go myself, like is something anyone would do.

So you go to a different country to stay in your hotel. No, that doesn't sound like something people do. I get it that you're maybe tired, but it's the holidays man, suck it up. When we went to Rome a couple of years back I had serious blisters after days of walking around. On the 5th day, I could barely walk. But we treated that shit and pulled through.

If you are going to be like that, why come in the first place?

So, I'm now nearing the end of the year and have been focusing on a few things like I stated last time, I now live in a lovely house with my wife & daughter, I still have the day job as a bin man but again it pays the bills.

Most importantly though is having a nice space to work in, I'm not huddled in a corner anymore, I'm in an attic which I converted into my office/game room so I can just go nuts up here, this year has taught me a lot about prioritizing and what I need to do to achieve greater things, so I've enrolled in a few UDemy courses to expand my skillset a bit, most importantly is the ability to create 3D models, something I've always needed when creating my own work and will help me create content down the road.

Being diagnosed with Crohns disease wasn't helpful near the start of the year but I'm now at a point where I just live with it and I'm happier for it, I'm in pain a lot but meh f**k it, I'm still standing and enjoying my life so letting it get to me won't help matters.

So here I am, ready to tackle 2016 and hopefully be a bit more active here again, this is an amazing community and could never forget about this place ^^

Hey crohns brother! Let me guess, you also have a history of eating bad for years, lots of meat, sugar and so on? The western diet isn't very healthy. I have found that avoiding sugar and meat is the best cure for it, better than any medicin your doctor will give you. Most people can live like they didn't have the disease by going vegan, but most doctors don't suggest it, because changing your behavior is harder than eating three pills a day and having a little pain. I would call my self a part time vegan (lol) and the differences between the days that I eat a plant based diet and the days I eat meat, candy and drink cola is huge. 

Currently I'm at my dads over the holidays, trying to study while I'm here, tired of being behind all the time. January will probably be the most stressful month ever for me. So it is a lot of stress, like a weight on my shoulder all the time. I just have to hold it up for a little while and then I will be fine. Hopeful still!

Hey crohns brother! Let me guess, you also have a history of eating bad for years, lots of meat, sugar and so on? The western diet isn't very healthy. I have found that avoiding sugar and meat is the best cure for it, better than any medicin your doctor will give you. Most people can live like they didn't have the disease by going vegan, but most doctors don't suggest it, because changing your behavior is harder than eating three pills a day and having a little pain. I would call my self a part time vegan (lol) and the differences between the days that I eat a plant based diet and the days I eat meat, candy and drink cola is huge. 

Currently I'm at my dads over the holidays, trying to study while I'm here, tired of being behind all the time. January will probably be the most stressful month ever for me. So it is a lot of stress, like a weight on my shoulder all the time. I just have to hold it up for a little while and then I will be fine. Hopeful still!

Sadly not, Was eventually traced down to my fathers side of the family (none of which I know, or him for that matter) runs riot through the males but has skipped all the females so there's hope I don't pass it down to my daughter through genetics.

I never ate really bad, I'm quite a fit person and in a way it kind of sucks that I never just went all out sometimes but meh, missed opportunity and all that :P

My wife is a vegan anyway so a lot of my meals are pretty green & fresh, I only really eat meat once or twice a week and it's only in small portions now, otherwise I'll be hugging the toilet instead of mapping ;)

@FRAG Man I'm glad to read that everything is finally looking good for you, best of wishes to you :)

Thanks! Much appreciated :)

The first one was really nice, working very well and using a simple and effective game design. There was just this luck part that was a bit disappointing, sometimes you won the level without really wanting to do it the way you won it. But yea, whatever.

Good luck with Ultraflow 2, obviously i'm going to do it ! :)

Guess who's about to be made redundant when their house purchase is almost complete and is getting married in a couple of months?

fuck 😐

talk when im back in the UK. Phone being retarded

Guess who's about to be made redundant when their house purchase is almost complete and is getting married in a couple of months?

Sad to hear that. Can you share some information about what job role in which area you're looking for? Maybe somebody here can help. Hang in there!