What's going on with your life?

Thrik

Woke up this morning early, checked the time and saw a text from my mum less than one hour before, informing my grandad passed last night.

I feel I'm a shit as I haven't seen him in years. Promised to go and postponed several times. Was supposed to go this July but situation was messy (my parents were going to move him in with them, and then he changed his mind).
I didn't even sent the postcard I bought explicitly for him during holiday, hell... I haven't even wrote it!! :sad:

Flying home tomorrow at 6am, yes it's absurd but funeral is already sorted :| I'm lucky I work where I work in this regard.

I just want to give you my condolences. I love my grandparents and to me, they're a special type of family member, that a mom or dad cant be. I hope the best for your family.

I got promoted to Manager at my job(spoiler its a TYPICAL FAST FOOD chain) and ive been purposely just working max hours, then working out in my free time, then sleep and repeat. I recently got out of a relationship which was mutual on both parts, but I would of rather it not of ended. With that being so, ive been just distracting my self and staying pre-occupied, but with that, ive lost all motivation to do any type of design. I dont know if im apathetic currently, or just temporarily uninspired? My question, to all of you older dudes, is it uncommon as an artist to just lose interest / their muse to design for periods of time?

• 3 weeks later...

I've been doing the first three weeks of my internship (it's the last internship before graduating), it has been really nice. I'm working on a drone project, it is a drone dedicated to the monitoring of industrial sites/plants, for the security. For example, if there's a gas leak, a fire or anything like this, the drone can detect it, trigger the emergency alert, help for rescuing people (finding them or leading them to safe places) etc... The drone must be able to fly, swim and move on earth, and that's the thing i am working on (i'm a mechanical engineer, specialized in product design).

The team is great, we're all young and that's great (it's not a common thing in most of the design offices ^^), i'm using the things i've learned to invent mechanisms and solutions, and they like what i do! that's really reassuring :)

Oh and ... Next tuesday i'm going to try out the HTC Vive during the press day at the Paris Games Week (i got a press access thanks to Vakarm.net and we got invited to try the HTC vive, so i decided to go for it of course :D)!!

Lots of stuff going on right now.

Work is so great right now, I love the game we're making and have professionally never been this happy, best decision of my career to join this initially risky venture. Can't wait to finally show it off to the world.

I just got back from a 1 week trip to Tokyo yesterday which was by far the best vacation I've ever been on, I can't recommend going to Japan enough.

And then I've finally gotten myself a girlfriend, been together for nearly 3 months now, really like her and after being mostly single through my 20's then it feels great to have someone to share your life with.

So yeah, after a pretty rough month of September then I'm feeling pretty happy lately :)

Drinks at some point? :D

~

Have a situation with the girlfriend: she wanted to talk, a month ago now. Basically she wants to seriously look forward. She made clear that she's looking at having kids in five years, and if I have no such intentions that's a deal breaker.
As I'm not even on a job that I want for my future, I am struggling imagining a life farther than a year from now. The positive side of this, is that it shook me and motivated me doing something to change the situation and she's supportive...

...as I'm more and more intolerant toward my current "pay the bills" job, which makes me feel stressed and easily unnerved.
Trying to channel this into being productive, so I finally started two projects that should allow me to freshen up/learn skills and be something to put in a portfolio, but I haven't been able to work regularly and make progress really. I should also start applying with my current CV, just to see how it goes, might manage to get back into IT for starters.

Game dev related, I'm looking into Unity to try creating a prototype with a friend (I would do the level design) but it's quite depressing having to learn so much to do the smallest thing. Tried a bit ProBuilder but not sure the free version has all the features necessary to do  basic building(?) and spending 95$ for the full seems excessive when I know I could build stuff out of the box in UE. Since was on offer on Steam couple days ago, I purchased a Blender "Game Asset Creation" video course.
The other project would be a management tool for the place where I work, which I think would improve many people lives a lot. Hoping to get a (canned) prototype in front of my boss and pitch it asking to put me to work on it at least half of my work time.

All of this is being very stressful, so I also eat shit like a pig while not going to the gym or doing any regular exercise of sorts: I'm so not in the shape I would like to be.
Seems there's time for doing nothing, and this constant morale swings (creativity boost, reality downer) is making me feel a bit distant from the girlfriend, while she's fine now that I've promised and started doing something for my situation. Instead I even dreamt a couple times of another girl (the first one I was liking when I got to the UK).

Edited by blackdog

Drinks at some point? :D

~

Have a situation with the girlfriend: she wanted to talk, a month ago now. Basically she wants to seriously look forward. She made clear that she's looking at having kids in five years, and if I have no such intentions that's a deal breaker.
As I'm not even on a job that I want for my future, I am struggling imagining a life farther than a year from now. The positive side of this, is that it shook me and motivated me doing something to change the situation and she's supportive...

...as I'm more and more intolerant toward my current "pay the bills" job, which makes me feel stressed and easily unnerved.
Trying to channel this into being productive, so I finally started two projects that should allow me to freshen up/learn skills and be something to put in a portfolio, but I haven't been able to work regularly and make progress really. I should also start applying with my current CV, just to see how it goes, might manage to get back into IT for starters.

Game dev related, I'm looking into Unity to try creating a prototype with a friend (I would do the level design) but it's quite depressing having to learn so much to do the smallest thing. Tried a bit ProBuilder but not sure the free version has all the features necessary to do  basic building(?) and spending 95$ for the full seems excessive when I know I could build stuff out of the box in UE. Since was on offer on Steam couple days ago, I purchased a Blender "Game Asset Creation" video course.
The other project would be a management tool for the place where I work, which I think would improve many people lives a lot. Hoping to get a (canned) prototype in front of my boss and pitch it asking to put me to work on it at least half of my work time.

All of this is being very stressful, so I also eat shit like a pig while not going to the gym or doing any regular exercise of sorts: I'm so not in the shape I would like to be.
Seems there's time for doing nothing, and this constant morale swings (creativity boost, reality downer) is making me feel a bit distant from the girlfriend, while she's fine now that I've promised and started doing something for my situation. Instead I even dreamt a couple times of another girl (the first one I was liking when I got to the UK).

hey, have you tried the networking approach to find the job you want? :) there are less offers on the market than offers which aren't, so it opens up huge possibilities :)

good luck to you :)

Last Weekend during Warsaw Games Week I took a picture of very nice couple :)

PS guy was hiting on X1 girl in Xbox'es booth :)  I posted in on FB and some of my friers tweeted it over the internet. Now this photo is used for memes, and is all around internet gaming forums like reddit ect :)
I feel complete now :v

11233995_10203606817329844_6788356825922728339_n.jpg