Thrik

What's going on with your life?

lil update: recently back from vacation in charleston (absolutely amazing town), releasing mad max in a few weeks, releasing jc3 later this year, doing some minor stuff in source1/2, going back to swe in a few weeks (moose hunting starts! weee) :)

I'm going to the hospital tomorrow for a surgery, i'm scared !! :-(

I'm not gonna die but i really dislike hospitals :/ And after this operation, i'll have to carry this with me 24/7 :

VAC-2.thumb.JPG.bb846b857ebad42052d1959b

My internship will be delayed and this brings lots of problems but at least i'll have more time to map :P

I'm going to the hospital tomorrow for a surgery, i'm scared !! :-(

I'm not gonna die but i really dislike hospitals :/ And after this operation, i'll have to carry this with me 24/7 :

VAC-2.thumb.JPG.bb846b857ebad42052d1959b

My internship will be delayed and this brings lots of problems but at least i'll have more time to map :P

what's it for? :(

what's it for? :(

I'm not 100% sure but i think it's something that sucks a wound and accelerate the process of healing.

I don't have a disease, it's just something that needs to cut the skin and remove some flesh, and it would take at least 6 months to heal with conventional dressings (without an active system). With this for 3 weeks, it could take only 1 month and a half.

She said YES!!!

So here's how it went down. I took her out to a local airport for our anniversary (dating) and got her a ride in my cousin's 2 seat Stearman (open canopy) bi-plane. Looks like this model here:

Unbeknownst to her, I had hired another pilot to fly a banner that read "Will you marry me?" During the flight (which was very overcast and had a low ceiling of only 300 feet or so) - the banner guy was flying along (having picked up the tow banner in front of everyone in a batman style pick-up) - and my cousin did a flyby of his plane, asking my fiance (that sounds sooooo good) to read the banner. He then joked that "oh that's funny, someone must be getting proposed to today - John wouldn't do that though." This played perfectly for her (although she had small alarms going off in her head she told me later). Then they landed the plane (her family and my family were there). She hadn't really seen anybody yet though, and got out of the plane. Once down, the tow guy flew across the runway at basically 0 feet dragging the banner along the runway (very cool - again, batman - I swear). She read it again and I got down on my knee behind her while she was distracted. She turned around, freaked out a little (as anticipated) and said yes. I'm engaged gang!

Edit: Just found out that the guy who strapped her in while my cousin finished prep work was a NASA astronaut. That was an awesome suprised to us both.

AHAHAHAH this is insane! Congrats!

And good luck now! ahah

I can't quite compete with the Hollywood proposal, but I've been putting it off for a while now. However, I'm finally putting in the effort in and am seeing a fair few jobs despite my rather choppy education history.

Still don't think I have the credentials for a job in the industry :( so right now I have my fingers crossed as an interaction designer in another web role. It comes with a nice little pay rise which would be exceptionally useful while I continue looking for a house as well.

Getting married next May as well, so it's all kicking off!

I just applied at a few game company's for a level design position. Finally feel confident enough in my ability to go and reach out. Hopefully ill get some good news. Mean while, my part time job ive had, has some drama going on. There is a lot of hypocritical things that go on via the GM(general manager) and ive been vocal about it, among some other employees and two of the floor managers. Now shes cutting my hours, to below the NYS mandated required amount for a part time job so im contacting the DM(Distract Manager) about this, among some other complaints. Its petty drama, but I need the work, and frankly Ive always had an issue with people getting away with wrong doings.