Thrik

What's going on with your life?

First of, congrats on the baby!

Secondly, I wanted to ask: has anyone ever been at a crossroad in his life, in a time in between two different chapters of his life, not knowing what to do, because one chapter is closed, but the other haven't been opened yet?

Many times. But it's not something that needs to be forced. Just go with the flow and life will show a way.

Many times. But it's not something that needs to be forced. Just go with the flow and life will show a way.

I know that the new chapter will open on September the 6th, but in the meantime it feels helpless to wander on and about. At least, I apparently am not the only one experiencing that :)

After just missing out on a position at Lionhead, I decided to take a break for 2 months to get my head back into gear, just about to move to a house so we are not stuck in a little 1 bedroom flat which we out grew of as soon as my daughter decided to start running everywhere (she sadly missed the walking stage)

Going to treat the rest of the year as a reset, keep working on OBM and rebuild my portfolio to accommodate the feedback I got, the hibernation has done me some good, just hope I can now use the rest period to create the next snowball effect.

She said YES!!!

So here's how it went down. I took her out to a local airport for our anniversary (dating) and got her a ride in my cousin's 2 seat Stearman (open canopy) bi-plane. Looks like this model here:

Stearman-04July05-overRFD-3.jpg

Unbeknownst to her, I had hired another pilot to fly a banner that read "Will you marry me?" During the flight (which was very overcast and had a low ceiling of only 300 feet or so) - the banner guy was flying along (having picked up the tow banner in front of everyone in a batman style pick-up) - and my cousin did a flyby of his plane, asking my fiance (that sounds sooooo good) to read the banner. He then joked that "oh that's funny, someone must be getting proposed to today - John wouldn't do that though." This played perfectly for her (although she had small alarms going off in her head she told me later). Then they landed the plane (her family and my family were there). She hadn't really seen anybody yet though, and got out of the plane. Once down, the tow guy flew across the runway at basically 0 feet dragging the banner along the runway (very cool - again, batman - I swear). She read it again and I got down on my knee behind her while she was distracted. She turned around, freaked out a little (as anticipated) and said yes. I'm engaged gang!

O.O

:cool:

Nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!