Thrik

What's going on with your life?

Been working with Unity for a couple of months now and it's fantastic. Before, I had this weird and negative attitude towards game engines and UE/Unity type tools. Thoughts like "Using a tool like that is cheating, writing my own game engines is the true way of game development".

This spring I finally got it. 1. I'm not in the game engine development business, I'm in the game development business. 2. I'm one dude, Unity has whole teams purely dedicated to developing tools. 3. They're handing out UE and Unity for free.

Also I put a bigger project on hold and am currently making a platformer game for the past week for Android, mainly as a way to teach myself more Unity. It has a free advertisement based business model, not really expecting a lot of income from it.

Made a semi funny credits level for it today, here's a video:

I turned 32 last month. The annoying thing about getting older is that hair is starting to grow everywhere except on your head.

Another 3 hours overtime. I just want to say "fuck this shit!" and leave.

I just went "fuck it's 7!" That my boss turned into the pantry door and asked me to clean another room… when we have the evening guy working tonight!!! Was so humiliating, as technically i should be his supervisor. 

what do you work as?

I'm "hospitality supervisor" in a field centre*, but they were smart when they put out the job description and gave me the promotion, as "it's a 'hands on job'" that means I still do everything like I was doing before (from help in food prep or serve to cleaning toilets while cleaning and making up rooms for the guests) plus the responsibility of checking on other people's work and some office duties while never getting any time assigned for it on the rota.

We are constantly under-staffed, and last few weeks, with the added burden of having families in, were worse cos the only other full-time housekeeper was sick for 3 weeks, another was on and off and is never reliable.

Today I had two outbursts out of desperation (trashed my breakfast cos was interrupted and it had gone cold, then the chef commented on the aformentioned evening guy saying "he doesn't like [doing washing up] anyway") I really need to calm down or I'll blow up in my boss face.

*like a hostel for schools, we get school groups that stay average 2-3 nights and study or do exams on geography biology. At the moment school's off so we have the family holidays, so they do outdoor activity for kids.

Edited by blackdog

I broke up with my girlfriend again :( She said it's a shame for her to go out with me. I didn't know she minded my height, but I know she will cause i'm only 5' 3" tall

I'm soooo sad cause this is second time I broke up with girlfriend due to short height

I think short height not only effects your shortage of physical ability, it also affects your first impression and relationship since I'm constantly referred to as the kid and I feel that I am never really taken seriously. but short height has nothing to do with my own fault. I exercised hard and I'm not particular about what I eat

I can't even wear any good clothes since there's nothing to fit my size :((

I broke up with my girlfriend again :( She said it's a shame for her to go out with me. I didn't know she minded my height, but I know she will cause i'm only 5' 3" tall

I'm soooo sad cause this is second time I broke up with girlfriend due to short height

I think short height not only effects your shortage of physical ability, it also affects your first impression and relationship since I'm constantly referred to as the kid and I feel that I am never really taken seriously. but short height has nothing to do with my own fault. I exercised hard and I'm not particular about what I eat

Wear custom cut suits and know that if someone isn't taking you seriously because of your height, then he is an idiot :)

If it was such a shame, she could have thought of that earlier. She probably really liked you and didn't mind the height. But when people were commenting she felt peer pressure and bailed on you. That's only for the better. Who wants to be with a sheep anyway?

It's understandable that you feel insecure about your height. But that's rubbish. Loads of people who are short did and are doing amazing things. People like Ghandi, Martin Scorcese, Genghis Khan, Michael J Fox and JJR Tolkien are all around your height. It didn't stop them so why should it stop you? Take a look at this:

Remember, never let people stick a finger in your face and tell you you're no good. The world is a very mean and nasty place which will beat you down if you let it so don't. Know what you are worth and then go out and get what you're worth. That's what winners do. They keep moving forward despite the hits and without putting the blame of their misfortune on others. Cowards do that and surely that ain't you. Start believing in yourself because if you don't, you won't have a life.

She sounds like an asshole. Fuck her, there's nothing to be sad about. You can do better.