Thrik

What's going on with your life?

Oh... and I have the engagement ring. . . 

:XD:

Now for the proposal.

Best wishes to you!

The company I'm working for opened up a new office in Frankfurt so I spend two hours in cramped trains per day and have less mapping time at home :(

I see lots of crytec staff though which is kind of cool.

Edited by esspho
lazy typing

Now if only I can get a games industry job! Apparently, my skills do not match those that companies are looking for. :?

YOU WILL. Of course your skills match to what the industry is looking for. Maybe you are not looking to the right studios that's all. 

My parental leave has been over for about 3 weeks now and I've started a new job, still in Frankfurt, working on Star Citizen at the new Foundry 42 studio. We have quite a cool brand new office, and there's almost only ex-Crytek employees there so I'm not too estranged :)

Oh... and I have the engagement ring. . . :XD: Now for the proposal.

How are you going to propose? That's the biggest question!

I got the all clear from my online credit check, so I'm all good to apply for a mortgage without any risk of being rejected! :D

Now to find somewhere we can afford... (Prices in my area are up by £15k since January alone)

Edited by jackophant

I got the all clear from my online credit check, so I'm all good to apply for a mortgage without any risk of being rejected! :D

Now to find somewhere we can afford... (Prices in my area are up by £15k since January alone)

I'm kind of looking to buy too. Houses are damn expensive but I can't imagine what it's like in the London area!

I'm working in Oxford now and with my current saving there's not much chance of me buying a place around here :( Might just rent somewhere or potentially buy a place further North and just carry on commuting. So many decisions and external factors play into buying a house though. >_<

Good luck dude!

Holy mother of luck, jesus christ. I almost choked to death on a piece of hard bread like 10 minutes ago. I was alone in the room and suddly the bread got stuck really deep in my throat, I struggled to breathe, I was spewing saliva everywhere. I tried washing it down with water or puking it up but nothing worked, after a minute or so I tried my hardest to calm myself and focus on getting in as much air between my saliva-spewing breaths as possible, and after another 30 seconds I could finally breathe again, it went down somehow and I drank tons of water as soon as I could breathe. Holy shit I thought I was done for sure, it was scary as fuck. Looks like keeping a water bottle filled near you 24/7 won't even save you. 

Ninja edit: It went on for 3-4 minutes, longest minutes of my life o.o

Edited by Vorontsov

Shieeeeet. It's a scary prospect to think how easily anyone can choke at any time, although obviously chewing your stuff better makes it less likely!

FYI there are videos on YouTube showing how to do the Heinrich manoeuvre on yourself and others. I highly recommend everyone watch these. :D 

Shieeeeet. It's a scary prospect to think how easily anyone can choke at any time, although obviously chewing your stuff better makes it less likely!

FYI there are videos on YouTube showing how to do the Heinrich manoeuvre on yourself and others. I highly recommend everyone watch these. :D 

Yeah I would recommend chewing everything apart like a monster, just to be safe. I'll watch the manouver right now.

My throat still hurts like hell, it's like the insides of my throat are made of fishscale :D.

Holy mother of luck, jesus christ. I almost choked to death on a piece of hard bread like 10 minutes ago. I was alone in the room and suddly the bread got stuck really deep in my throat, I struggled to breathe, I was spewing saliva everywhere. I tried washing it down with water or puking it up but nothing worked, after a minute or so I tried my hardest to calm myself and focus on getting in as much air between my saliva-spewing breaths as possible, and after another 30 seconds I could finally breathe again, it went down somehow and I drank tons of water as soon as I could breathe. Holy shit I thought I was done for sure, it was scary as fuck. Looks like keeping a water bottle filled near you 24/7 won't even save you. 

Ninja edit: It went on for 3-4 minutes, longest minutes of my life o.o

For future reference, 1. Try to stay calm (I know its scary, but time is precious when dealing with loss of air issues). 2. If you are coughing that is a good thing. Keep coughing. Do not try to force it back down with water as that could potentially worsen the situation. Also, coughing is a signal that you are still getting air in and out. If coughing is not working, then when you are alone try to locate a chair or other hard surface with which you can "throw" your abdomen into (fall onto it) which will help to force air up through your lungs outwards and propelling the lodged item out with it (by collapsing the diaphragm). <-- Just in case you're wondering this is what I learned in professional rescue certifications, so I'm not making it up.

If you're lucky enough to have other people around you, show the international sign of choking (grab your hands to your throat -- coincidentally this is also an instinctual reaction often). Hopefully someone there knows how to deal with choking hazards and can assist you.

At the end of the day, I am glad you are alright. You're throat will probably hurt for a while and maybe a little inflamed.

Edited by Sigma

My parental leave has been over for about 3 weeks now and I've started a new job, still in Frankfurt, working on Star Citizen at the new Foundry 42 studio. We have quite a cool brand new office, and there's almost only ex-Crytek employees there so I'm not too estranged :)

How's the house coming a long?

How's the house coming a long?

I'm nearly done with the upstairs parts (one room needs the floor boards and some cleaning and the corridor needs painting and floor boards too. The kitchen and living room are a bit behind though, didn't manage to make enough progress before the end of my paternity leave. I've still got the ceilings to finish, repair some of the walls, floor tiles and finitions. We're living in it at the moment and have 3 rooms available. I haven't been able to work on it since I got back to work almost a month ago but weekends should free up for the rest of the summer and I intend on wrapping up the top floors quickly, and focus on the living room/kitchen during the fall/winter. There's not that much left, but it's fairly big tasks that you need to do in one go.