Thrik

What's going on with your life?

Passed Physics I. In here there was physics 0 in the first semester, then physics I in the following semester. Physics 0 being a pre requisite for Physics I. It was made this way to forcibly slow down physics so that students would catch up with vector algebra and calculus. After many many years, they decided to drop physics 0 and go back to the old way, physics I without having a pre requisite of physics 0. I did try physics 0 three times but failed all times.

In addition to dropping physics 0 from the curriculum there was a change in the way teachers teach, they've adopted some american method which replaces traditional lectures with a more modern approach. This and the fact that the exams were weigthed 50% of the final grade, the other 50% being homework, attendance and other activities, helped me pass.

Passed Physics I. In here there was physics 0 in the first semester, then physics I in the following semester. Physics 0 being a pre requisite for Physics I. It was made this way to forcibly slow down physics so that students would catch up with vector algebra and calculus. After many many years, they decided to drop physics 0 and go back to the old way, physics I without having a pre requisite of physics 0. I did try physics 0 three times but failed all times.

In addition to dropping physics 0 from the curriculum there was a change in the way teachers teach, they've adopted some american method which replaces traditional lectures with a more modern approach. This and the fact that the exams were weigthed 50% of the final grade, the other 50% being homework, attendance and other activities, helped me pass.

what class was it again? math?

The other one I passed? Vector algebra and analytic geometry.

I myself have finished handling algebra and general analysis for this year, and it feels good to have some time away from all that, so I feel your happiness, for it to be finished!

I got a job at one of the biggest "yoga clothing" companies in the world... I'll be in their R&D department which is pretty exciting. As any other job, I of course haven't done an (official anyway) interview, submitted a portfolio or anything... It's just for 1 pretty small project, but it's a start for sure.

I can't remember what I wrote last time in here, but Vancouver is treating me pretty good. Great hiking, good food and the weather has been pretty sweet (except that it's really, really dry these days). Can't complain.

Yoga clothing R&D? Sounds like that could be quite excellent. :cool: :cool: 

Glad you're enjoying your new city. I'm starting to tire of Nottingham and actually the UK in general now, so while I'm OK for the next year or so, I'm definitely starting to get that antsy feeling where I just want to impulsively move somewhere. After a recent holiday in Spain that doesn't seem too bad, but then there are all kinds of places in the EU and beyond I'd happily go. Lots of thought needed around that I think.

Yoga clothing R&D? Sounds like that could be quite excellent. :cool: :cool: 

Glad you're enjoying your new city. I'm starting to tire of Nottingham and actually the UK in general now, so while I'm OK for the next year or so, I'm definitely starting to get that antsy feeling where I just want to impulsively move somewhere. After a recent holiday in Spain that doesn't seem to bad, but then there are all kinds of places in the EU and beyond I'd happily go. Lots of thought needed around that I think.

Come save France 's economy !  :)

Getting more and more responsabilities in the studio, managing gameplay elements, playtests ant QA testers, it begins to be very weary + Utralfow + my (starting) final year prototype + very hot weather... I've only slept 5 to 6 hours these last few nights (rather than my usual 8 to 9 hours that makes a big differences). I'm getting very exhausted this week. :gonk:

Getting more and more responsabilities in the studio, managing gameplay elements, playtests ant QA testers, it begins to be very weary + Utralfow + my (starting) final year prototype + very hot weather... I've only slept 5 to 6 hours these last few nights (rather than my usual 8 to 9 hours that makes a big differences). I'm getting very exhausted this week. :gonk:

Keep pushing on and pull back on the unnecessary items as you can. Sleep is imperative for proper body functions and some people (such as myself) can easily operate on 5-6 hours of sleep a night whereas others need much more.

Started my new job as Community Development Intern 7 weeks ago, replaced the previous Director of the department and am managing the department. Not bad for a temporary intern that has never dealt with community planning, developer agreements (land), and viewed architectural and engineering plans in-depth before with a critical eye. Doing a lot of presentations to stakeholders and successfully replaced one of my assistants in lieu of retirement. Now if only I can get a games industry job! Apparently, my skills do not match those that companies are looking for. :?

Oh... and I have the engagement ring. . . :XD: Now for the proposal.

Edited by Sigma