Thrik

What's going on with your life?

Here's a story without no deep meaning, it's just weird.

So I was enjoying my breakfast this morning and on the other side of the street, on the second floor, I saw a figure further into the apartment but I wasn't  sure whether it's was person or not. I didn't mind and just kept on eating and looking out of the window. Short after, this figure started moving and I notice it's a full naked young woman standing there, looking straight out of the window. I kept looking out of curiousity (and yes because she was naked and good looking), but what was she doing anyway? She stood there for a minute or so and then I noticed her looking at my window.

Got me thinking she probably thought I'm a complete perv staring out of my window at her. A couple of seconds passed and she leaned forward towards the window and at that point I had a good view on what she looks like and then something unreal happend! She picked up a pair of binoculars! 

Standing straight up, clearly in view for anyone on the other side of the street, she continues looking at me this way for a couple of seconds. I stand up to get a glass of water, turn around and then she's gone.

So many questions!

​What do you mean so many questions? There's only one. Which apartment is hers?

​What do you mean so many questions? There's only one. Which apartment is hers?

Hahah! Well if it wasn't for the fact that I've seen her boyfriend around I might have actually considered it.

@AlexM That is absolutely mental, you could have had a brush with death there! Or at least some severe beating. Lucky your partner was on the ball. :oops:

@Sjonsson Wow, either she gets off on voyeurism or she was trying to send you a message about looking at her. :D 

I live in an apartment that kind of points towards a block of fancy student dorms, and it's not uncommon for me to be sitting there looking out of my window — towards the horizon and sky, not the block of dorms —while relaxing or eating, and suddenly some young Chinese student or something will appear at the window completely naked. It's one of those really weird situations where you're not quite sure what to do. I blame urban planners.

Yepp maybe. I'm gonna keep on looking and see if she continues this showcasing I might actually make a move, haha!

Haha, yeah it's really problematic; 'Am I a perv? Or well I know I am but does this make me look like one? Is that my fault?' etc. Damn you urban planners!

So I moved out of my parents into my own place back in early January, and im rooming with 3 of my good friends. Since then I have not been even remotely inspired to work on any level design, and in fact, as of now, almost 6 months into the year, ive only worked on Import(which was technically already a finished map) and made a small environmental scene for a Treyarch Job application. Ive thought about it a lot, on and off, thinking, maybe its just due to me being busy, growing up, living on my own, just life shit etc. Well I got a new roommate, an old friend of ours, who has a similar outlook on life, like mine, of general optimism and just wanting to achieve goals and make shit happen. With this new person in my day to day environment, and this project him and I are going to do in UE4, I find my self excited to work and design things for the first time in months and its just fantastic. As im typing this, im just browsing around on the internet reading about different material studies for post modern designs, while I have UE4 open using PBR. Im just really happy to of found that spark to be creative again. All in all, I hope you all here on mapcore are doing great and stay optimistic, because why live life if all you're going to do is dwell in the mud. 

Moved in the biggest room of the centre this past bank holiday weekend. I can't believe I had so much shit stashed in my 3 sqm room, I've made unusable the space here: there's no furniture.
Funny discovering priorities: while I was thinking where and what TV I should buy, my gf said "you need a mirror" :D I think this will be an interesting test to where draw the line in allowing her to input. Cos I want something of my own.

So I was going to ask you guys, with so many people moving, buying or renting and generally decorating, can you suggest an app/service where to design/visualize a room/apartment? I could build it in Hammer but doesn't seem practical at all, would be nice to have something where to quickly swap furniture to get a feel of the best solution.

Also I need to think about buying some furniture; not sure how much I want to spend, cos I either leave stuff here when I leave (and I dunno how long is gonna be since I'm not mapping) or get something nicer that I will then bring with me.

Edited by blackdog

The amount of stuff that creeps into a home is astonishing. I was thinking of moving again recently, and then I basically replayed the last move in my head, and the pain came flooding back from my memories so intensely that I screwed that idea off immediately. I now have things like a pretty big bed, sofa, computer desk, bookcase, etc and so many small things that are hell to move.

I've got to be honest, I really miss just living in pre-furnished apartments. It was nice knowing that I could just up and leave relatively easily, whether it be to another place in the same city or another city entirely. Moving non-furniture items is pretty straightforward because at least you can do it in regular cars with family or whatever. Once you get into the realm of big furniture we're talking significant labour and the need for a van, plus it all has to be done in pretty much one go — no moving a bit at a time like I could when I just had general crap to move.

When I do next move, I might very well try to just offload all of my furniture. It's going to hold me back too much if I decide to move to London, abroad, etc.

Edited by Thrik

@blackdog - I've always found programs like 3DS Max pretty good to plan a room. Just create a plane for your floor and simple boxes for all your furniture/items. It's good since you can easily input the exact size of things into Max so you know it's the right size. In Hammer I don't think it'd be as accurate.

I don't want to be Mr. Negative and it really starts to feel like I've become a professional complainer. These are all first world problems, but bare with me and judge for yourself!

On top of all the shit I've got going on I just really wanted some game time so I could relax. I'd pre-ordered The Witcher 3 CE. All of a sudden this pre-order was missing at the vendor so no CE for me. Since money was tight I didn't care too much. I then pre-ordered a Steam key from a 3rd party vendor. On the day before release they changed it to a GOG key. I had to cancel my order, get my money back (you know the hassle) and then buy it on Steam. Just when I was about to enjoy it I got word that my CE was underway to my old address. I'm still sorting that one out.

I forgot to upgrade my video card so I could only play it on low. With money being tight and all I turned to the second hand market. I'm not a fan of this. Not for electronics. After days of searching I finally found one. But it was too far away. I never buy stuff for over 30 euros if I can't pick it up myself. So I explained my wariness to the seller. He not only gave me his address but also a copy of his passport. I checked his bank account details at the Police website and everything seemed legit. So I funded him 117 euro. Heard nothing after that. That same day his bank account got flagged and his details went up on a website. He conned about 8 people. Of course we reported him but you can forget the money. His stuff proved to be false so I can't go over and smash his head in.

Luckily I have the most awesome wife in the world and she bought me a brand new 960 GTX from her vacation money. Which should have come with a Witcher 3 key but they ran out. But who's complaining? I'm running The witcher 3 on Ultra settings now. But my monitor from not a year old acts strange. I used to have it connected through VGA. Now through HDMI. That doesn't work properly. So I had to call support and they are going to pick it up leaving me without a monitor for 2 weeks. With no guarantee that it will be fixed and no money for a new one. Sprony's positive outlook on things is really starting to crumble by now.

But I've got amazing friends so I can borrow a monitor and still play. All is good and I'm looking forward to a weekend of playing. When I want to go down the stairs yesterday there's a cat on there. I almost stepped on his head. Luckily I avoided him and I didn't have my daughter with me. Unfortunately though I went down one storey. I have several severe bruises, difficulty walking and I broke my fingers (of my good hand). I can't play (typing this with one hand) or properly masturbate. Even wiping my ass is difficult. I had to call in sick for work (can't drive and I can barely operate a computer) and I can't take care of my daughter. I can't even lift her up. By now, I'm not even bitter. I just think it's hilarious. So I sign off leaving life with this:

xLPa5Fq.jpg

Jesus, that is some seriously tough month! Being able to remain positive is a true testament to the strength of your will, haha. An excellent opportunity to get through some TV series I guess.

Walked out of two A level accountancy exams alive, and then immediately went out and started a new CS:GO map to work on. Found this website too, those are my highlights of my life currently

Sadly though I had to have my dog put down a week before my exams (which did not help) and I essentially snapped under the stress and pressure which ended up costing me a few friends.

Still, I push along and continue to do what I love doing, that's all which matters for me now