Thrik

What's going on with your life?

I'm going to buy my own house, 15km away from my job, a 600 square meters farm that need an huge revamp  :celebrate: , real life level design thread incoming.

Imagine the amount of weed you can grow on that motherfucker!

600 square meters, daaaaaamn. In the uk that would cost an arm and a leg.

Well in fact it's a really good deal, especially because it's at the Luxembourg boundary, and the prices in Luxembourg are damn high, i'm planning to make 3 flats in it because it's too big for me anyway :D , there's also a 700 square meter garden behind.

Edited by RaVaGe

600 square meters, daaaaaamn. In the uk that would cost an arm and a leg.

Well in fact it's a really good deal, especially because it's at the Luxembourg boundary, and the prices in Luxembourg are damn high, i'm planning to make 3 flats in it because it's too big for me anyway :D , there's also a 700 square meter garden behind.

Well, few of you may know that I've had two different interviews with two lead designers from Ubisoft Annecy known for multiplayers modes and stuff. Just got a call today and the answer is no. :(  I'm quite disappointed but their reasons are understandable. 

I'm available for four months this summer and still got on year of study to do to get my diploma while she said that they are looking for someone to hire after the internship. And that's the big reason.

'Cause after that, she told they enjoy a lot talking to me and having me to discuss and that I was their favorite candidate. And she said "the mission and tasks we can give you this time are not to the height of what you can do. So it would not be that interesting for you considering you present level"...  I can't believe it.

So, she asked me to apply next year for my final year internship and may be get hired their. 

Edited by TheOnlyDoubleF

Sorry to hear that Franck, I know it's a bit of a kick but keep up with your work and push on forward, you always have determination when we talk in chat, hope this continues :)

I have school on Fridays and Saturdays and I can't get an internship in the outdoors industry here in Vancouver without an official credited program from my school... Jobs are also out of the question since I'm only allowed to work 20 hours/week on my visa and they all want fulltime Monday to Friday.. So yeah, it sucks when you want to learn stuff but no one wants to take you on.

Aaaaanyway. I got scabies. No clue from who (haven't had sex since late February, and apparently petting a homeless dog doesn't really give you anything). It's curable within a week, but it's fucking itching and in a worst case scenario it could itch for up to 3 months... I was supposed to spend my time off visiting some girl I've been talking to, which I pretty much had to cancel as I don't want to spread this shit.

So my what's going on with my life? Lotions and itching, that's pretty much it these days :v

Sorry to hear that DoubleF, but at the same time is a great boost of confidence I think! Keep working, keep applying :)

Sorry to hear that Franck, I know it's a bit of a kick but keep up with your work and push on forward, you always have determination when we talk in chat, hope this continues :)

Thx, at least, it seems that i already have plenty of opportunities for next year. 

I'm available for four months this summer and still got on year of study to do to get my diploma while she said that they are looking for someone to hire after the internship.

So, she asked me to apply next year for my final year internship and may be get hired their. 

Outcome could have been worse! I'd say that's really positive and it gives you a chance to finish your diploma. I wouldn't be bummed out at all, just focus on your course and it sounds like you could have a job!

Having read most of the posts in this thread, its nice to find a bit of a home among like minded individuals  :) .

I too have been working from home for what seems like an age now while my wife goes to work and earns the bread. Things were doom and gloom for me for a time:

Family member ill > Burgled(lost all back ups, imac + big project) > Flooded in our flat (lived in premier inn for 3 weeks) > living in Bradford(Chaos sorcerers live there and drain away all happiness).

Then we moved to London, and I decided to stay on the path of the games industry, made a game and rebuilt my portfolio + double backed everything and cloud  :lol: .

There are few passions in life that demand absolute dedication, we don't just do this for the love of it anymore. It's in the bones.