Thrik

What's going on with your life?

Put a new piece o' music up today, Ghostly Pursuit. As the name implies, it's meant to be music accompanying a chase sequence involving some ghoulish bastard. :oops:

Really like it, chilling well made.

I just uploaded 2 new sounds to my soundcloud : https://soundcloud.com/simon_aublet , these are shorts prototype and mostly just composition with existing sample from Music Maker because i'm just not a musician :D What program are you using ? Do you have some midi library to share ? ^^

It's an interesting approach, but don't you get tired extremely fast after getting home from work? What time do you got to bed?

I got to bed about 930-1000pm at the latest. I arrive home at about 6-630pm so I get about 2 hours of time to do what I like.

Well, I got fired today in the most eloquent way possible. My department isn't closing but moving to another venue. It's 225 kilometers away. I'm free to move with them or I can choose not to. The latter meaning they have to find something else for me and if that's unsuccessful I'm out. Problem is, everything in a 100 kilometer radius is moving as well so there aren't a lot of options. Plus, I'm not the only one needing a new job within the company. It sucks, but shit happens. Luckily for me they have to pay me for a long time, even with me sitting at home. I've got full income for at least 2 years. Long live benefits!

The downside is that I just sold my house with a substantial loss and I'm currently homeless. I live with my in-laws and we've already found a place to rent but it's expensive. I don't know how to explain it in English but due to the law here we are not eligible for houses with cheap rent and have to depend on landlords (meaning high prices). Seeing my situation that is far from ideal. However, I'm still going to take the house because everything I own is currently in storage (where it can't remain for long) and I had to leave my 4 cats (who currently live in a bench at my father's place). That shit breaks my heart and they need a home. So we'll rent this expensive Fortress of Solitude (which is a fucking amazing place btw) for a short period of time so we can be with the cats, secure our stuff, have a breather and rethink our next moves. Exiting times ahead!

This was one exhausting month and shit is about to get worse. Today, people who also got fired were crying and walking out. The place is like a funeral 8 hours a day. Not a lot of fun to be at. Plus a lot of insecurity about what's going to happen. I don't care though. I haven't been happy there for years but I sold my soul for the money. Now I'm forced to find something else which will hopefully make me a lot happier even if it's for less money. It's going to be tight but that will only make me more aware of our spending's and force me to better handle money. Even if I have to take a shitty job it feels liberating to finally be free. Because you know, there's no good news or bad news, there's just news. It's up to us how we wish to handle it. I know I've had a lot of huge set backs in a short amount of time but fuck that, Sprony's build to last.

I'm always amazed by your infinite wisdom Sprony. You're a truly source of inspiration when you're not on the EOT. I had bad times these last few weeks, and still, and several times I told myself: "Wait. What would Sprony do? He would face the problems, kick their ass and keep the head up." So I did.

You're a truly source of inspiration when you're not on the EOT. 

lol

Good to hear you will be moving back with the cats man I can't imagine having to let my cats live with someone else for a long time :(

Sprony dude, the best part is that you are looking always at the bright side of shit - not only dark ! Which is what making you so powerful, you can get through any kind of shit - and you WILL ! You know a lot about gamedev, why don't you try to find some work there ? Even if not as a dev, but maybe PR/Marketing or some community shit ? You would be great for that ! Good luck bro !

As for my ? Story of my life - NO woman NO cry, and there is a lot of fucking cry now . . . .

I got brought onto this indie gig and signed a contract to do said things and have said things happen. I ended up not getting paid when it was said to happen, and that voided the contract so I had to end up burrowing money from my family while legal action is taken with all that shit and overall it was real dramatic. It was relieving though to know I have such a great family who supports and believes in me. My good friend who has been in the industry longer than me was explaining to me that its becoming less uncommon for these indie shits to just screw people over and its sad. 

Anyway in regards to you Sprony, you're a genuine person, as far as someone like I can tell over the internet, so I have good faith itll work out for you, and you'll find that job that makes you happy in your core, and in the end thats what matters more, not how much money you have, at least in my opinion. 

Sorry to hear Sprony, but in a way you're so much better off. I remember you mentioning you hated your job anyway, so it's a good thing you're out and getting the benefits you are. You will pull through though, a) because you're fucking Sprony, and b) because you have the best approach towards these big life changing moments I've seen.

I got brought onto this indie gig and signed a contract to do said things and have said things happen. I ended up not getting paid when it was said to happen, and that voided the contract so I had to end up burrowing money from my family while legal action is taken with all that shit and overall it was real dramatic. It was relieving though to know I have such a great family who supports and believes in me. My good friend who has been in the industry longer than me was explaining to me that its becoming less uncommon for these indie shits to just screw people over and its sad. 

Anyway in regards to you Sprony, you're a genuine person, as far as someone like I can tell over the internet, so I have good faith itll work out for you, and you'll find that job that makes you happy in your core, and in the end thats what matters more, not how much money you have, at least in my opinion. 

Yeah you gotta watch out for that. I was once left homeless after a company I worked for screwed me out of about 7000$

Basically don't let the amount they owe you to accumulate. Make sure there are regular payments. I trusted them for 2 months when they said they were getting the money together. My fault for trusting them.