Thrik

What's going on with your life?

Was walking back into work after my lunch break, only to be greeted by the sight of my ex who after several years I broke up with just over a year ago (and haven't seen since) walking through the main entrance in the opposite direction. Bit weird, I thought.

Decided to put her name into the employee search once I got back to my desk — she recently started and is working in the other wing of the floor I'm on. Shit.

*starts filling out resume*

Kind of. She knew I was working at the company, but it has four large buildings in the city. Maybe she figured I'd be in another one and our paths wouldn't cross.

It's not so bad, things didn't end super-awkwardly. But I was kind of enjoying just leaving that chapter of my life closed. Still, I guess that an awkward 'hi' is the worst that can happen.

A crazy coincidence happened today.

I went to the beach to walk around a bit and enjoy the nice weather. We stayed there for about 50 minutes/1 hour and on the way back to the car I realized that I completely forgot to add time to the meter (never happened before). I rushed back expecting a ticket or my car being towed but when I get there however, i look at the meter and it says 00:00 and one second later it shows in big letters EXPIRED. Someone who parked in that spot before me left the exact time that I stayed at the beach, down to the seconds... If this happened 1 or 2 seconds earlier I would have never known about it and just assume the meter had been out all that time.

What are the odds? Guess it's my lucky day :P

Living in a flat with young party guys under you is a real pain in the ass. They've been getting worse and worse in terms of noise and disturbance over the past few months. I've politely asked them many (7) times over the course of those months if they wouldn't mind keeping the noise down; to stop slamming doors, standing outside talking and making noise (it's right under my bedroom window) leaving their rubbish everywhere, throwing their cigarette ends and empty bottles, pissing (yes) on my front door step and just generally being douchey. Last night (saturday) was the last straw.

I'm not opposed to people having a party, but when there are 10-15 people inside and outside blind drunk, shouting, laughing, falling down the stairs, getting into arguments and fights and waking me up at 3am then I'm going to start having a problem. Last week I was woken up as usual and I went down there wearing not a lot and hammered on their front door in sheer tired frustration and asked them to keep it down as I had to be up at 8am that Sunday. They didn't really and I couldn't be fucked to go back down. People say call the police, but you're really not in the mood or wanting to bother with all the fuss at 4am. You just want to try and sleep not deal with a load of drunk kids.

And Not to mention someone went off of their head, most likely on a coke and booze fueld rush and trashed the outside alley that leads up to the flats. The guy under me, his letterbox is literally overflowing with bills that the postman couldn't actually close the lid on it anymore. I went out this afternoon to find it having been ripped from the wall, had the shit beaten out of it with pieces of it everywhere (mail still in it lol) and flung down the alley into a wall. My front door has boot marks all over it so fuck knows what was going on there. The gate that leads up to us is also fucked and broken too. So called the landlord and told him what is going on and he's not too impressed. So hopefully these cockbags under me will get kicked out and I can finally have some peace and quiet.

Edited by dux

That sucks man. Make sure you keep your place well secured, they sound like the kind of crack heads that might start nicking stuff if you're not careful!

I really admire your restraint. I'm not a strong guy or a great fighter. It's just that when you push me beyond a certain point I go berserk. I would have seriously kicked in the door and started swinging my club against anyone who got in the way. So props for not getting yourself into trouble. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. I would also file a complaint with the police about suspected drug use, vandalism and feeling unsafe in your own home. Start calling them every day, keep harassing the landlord and so on. You know, the way civilized people do it. Or, I can always borrow you this:

721395-Police-Baton-large.jpg