Thrik

What's going on with your life?

Hell no. OK sure, I pay as much for a one-bedroom flat as someone further out would pay for an entire five-bedroom house. But in my building I've got a pool, hot tub, sauna, and gym; work is a one-minute walk away; and within five minutes of walking I can get to 50+ bars, clubs, and restaurants, and shops of every kind imaginable.

I grew up in a town for 23 years, which comparatively was total shit. Deafening silence during the evening and night, nobody around (good if you want to be single and sexless for life I guess), 30 minutes to the closest shops, basically no genuinely good places to eat or drink in the entire town, social and job opportunities as rich as a pig's arse... man, I wouldn't go back there even if you paid me the rent.

But each to their own. :oops:

no genuinely good places to eat or drink in the entire town, social and job opportunities as rich as a pig's arse... man,

mmm pigs ass

5514414.jpg

Hell no. OK sure, I pay as much for a one-bedroom flat as someone further out would pay for an entire five-bedroom house. But in my building I've got a pool, hot tub, sauna, and gym; work is a one-minute walk away; and within five minutes of walking I can get to 50+ bars, clubs, and restaurants and shops of every kind imaginable.

I grew up in a town for 23 years, which comparatively was total shit. Deafening silence during the evening and night, nobody around (good if you want to be single and sexless for life I guess), 30 minutes to the closest shops, basically no genuinely good places to eat or drink in the entire town, social and job opportunities as rich as a pig's arse... man, I wouldn't go back there even if you paid me the rent.

Out of curiosity, which town was this?

girlfriend is going back to Japan for 4 months. I haven't been "single" in quite a few years. I'd say I'd spend the time eating cheese and doing guy stuff but I already do that. 

Will probably catch up on horror movies and games because she can't stand them.

Just been at the Science Museum's late: topic was engineering. One of the talks was about the Crossrail: they have some achievements they can be damn proud of! Like digging tunnels in between other lines, while all trains continue their service, same with lifting bridges on top of high-speed lines 0_0

Shame they have no time to go more in depth in some of these talks!

Edit: Need to watch this now

http://youtu.be/MaMk9vgjIoY

Edited by blackdog

Ditch. Ditch. Ditch. My last ex in a nutshell: 'Stop playing stupid games and give me attention 24/7 i.e you have no free time. I want to watch only films that I like, I don't want to watch any of yours.'

Ditch. Ditch. Ditch. My last ex in a nutshell: 'Stop playing stupid games and give me attention 24/7 i.e you have no free time. I want to watch only films that I like, I don't want to watch any of yours.'

When I got to know my wife she said she liked horror movies. I asked her to name a few and she came up with some thrillers. So for the last 7 years I've schooled her in movies, series and video-games (of all genres). Last week we were watching a movie that was supposedly a horror. After it was finished she turned to me and told me it suck and complained about PG13 rating and the lack of gore. Fucking beautiful man. My work is done! 

She also blames me for not being able to enjoy crappy movies anymore. I explained to her that it's because I made her a connoisseur. You're welcome :)

Hell no. OK sure, I pay as much for a one-bedroom flat as someone further out would pay for an entire five-bedroom house. But in my building I've got a pool, hot tub, sauna, and gym; work is a one-minute walk away; and within five minutes of walking I can get to 50+ bars, clubs, and restaurants and shops of every kind imaginable.

Mansfield. It's not even an especially small town for the UK. It's horrifying to think of what a considerably smaller town or a village would be like. I guess the lifestyle I enjoy just isn't compatible with that kind of environment — I know lots of people who enjoy being in smaller, quieter places. I'm the kind of guy who pretty much needs urban noise at night to sleep peacefully.

Mansfield. It's not even an especially small town for the UK. It's horrifying to think of what a considerably smaller town or a village would be like. I guess the lifestyle I enjoy just isn't compatible with that kind of environment — I know lots of people who enjoy being in smaller, quieter places. I'm the kind of guy who pretty much needs urban noise at night to sleep peacefully.

To give you some idea of the town I'm in right now in comparison to Mnsfield: Mansfield has 91,000 more people. You are pretty much the complete opposite of me in this regard :v