Thrik

What's going on with your life?

It's only temporary. I haven't heard a single story from new parents where the beginning was difficult with either work, homes, family, money or something. It all works out eventually. It just takes time and it's a test of character.

It take it you mean "wasn't"? But yes, I have absolute confidence that it will work out eventually. But I have to agree, it's a test of character.

Sorry for getting back at it late. As I said you you already: hang in there!

Are you looking around for some new job possibilities?

While for the family issue, could it be possible to have family look after the baby for a few days, so that you would have the chance to spend some quality time with the wife, just to unplug, relax and recharge batteries?

The plan is to wait for the new merger and see what that means for my job (possibilities) within the company. I'll decide my future there and then. So for the next 5 months I'll lay low, do the work and put in the time. We just had the holidays which was really demanding for me especially since I was so down. But we actually had a fun time, got drunk and laughed a lot. Feeling a bit better now.

You really need to get rid of that job including dickhead collegues sprony, and sell that house. Pretty sure things would get better if you get rid of these two burdens

Yes, most definitely. I'm going to focus on myself this year. Really work on myself and try to eliminate all these nuisances. Thanks for all the support guys. I appreciate it!

dxPPtrP.jpg

It was dark and I was driving home when I notice what appeared to be a crack in my car's ceiling. I wanted to touch it to investigate but this supposed crack turned out to be a spider which immediately lunged at me and landed in my jacket. I pulled over, jumped out but couldn't find it. Got back in the car, rushed home but got pulled over by cops who had witnessed the entire thing. When I told them I hadn't found it yet and that's why I was speeding (in other words GTFO) they stepped back, smiled but still handed me a 195 euro fine. An excellent way to start the New Year. Thank you spider!

Sprony, the saying "when it rains it pours" certainly is true... Or in French, "never twice without a third time". Shit piles on in fucking layers and this year was no exception for me. But if you're patient enough, there's always light at the end of the tunnel. Only one way to go about your troubles. Find the lowest hanging stressful fruit and kick that shit out of your life. Then work down your list.

As for waiting for the next 5 months. Don't wait. There are plenty of things you can do to improve your life right now. Eat healthy if you're not, and go to bed earlier than you do. Fuck Mapcore and the rest of the stuff you can easily do without for a little while. Focus on yourself and your wife, the kid will be better off for it.

We landed shortly ago back from Cologne: 6 fucking hours wait there. Plane delayed because of fog in Gatwick.

When we finally were on the plane, and waited for an hour, passengers had to get down the plane and look for their own baggage, which was unloaded because crew couldn't find a baggage checked in, but without respective passenger on board -_- (so for flight safety –aka bombs– they had to find it or make sure wasn't on board)

Edited by blackdog

Today I've been smashed by a terrorist attack in my country.

Completely horrible, and it's really not good for the whole of Europe considering all racist parties spreading their seeds. This will only enhance their influence. ;/

Obviously a terrible tragedy. People should not lose their lives based on any creative outlet.

But people are also acting out of proportion to what has happened. I think the issue is deeper than free speech and cartoons, like written here:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/france/11332535/We-think-the-Paris-terrorists-were-offended-by-Charlie-Hebdos-satire.-What-if-were-wrong.html

People are getting so agitated, they're blaming regular Muslims and offending them purely out of the context that these terrorists are bad.  i don't think that's a good way of handling this issue, as it only serves to destabilize relations between populations in a single country (like the article says). I hope that we can all realize that this was a terrorist attack, not a Muslim attack. Don't blame everyone for the mistakes of a few.

Not to discount what happened in France either, but at the same time there's been an attack by another terrorist organization that has destroyed an entire town, killing 2000 people.

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/news/world/africa/article4317972.ece

It's a real shame that none of us bat an eyelid when it comes to this.

Obviously a terrible tragedy. People should not lose their lives based on any creative outlet.

But people are also acting out of proportion to what has happened. I think the issue is deeper than free speech and cartoons, like written here:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/france/11332535/We-think-the-Paris-terrorists-were-offended-by-Charlie-Hebdos-satire.-What-if-were-wrong.html

People are getting so agitated, they're blaming regular Muslims and offending them purely out of the context that these terrorists are bad.  i don't think that's a good way of handling this issue, as it only serves to destabilize relations between populations in a single country (like the article says). I hope that we can all realize that this was a terrorist attack, not a Muslim attack. Don't blame everyone for the mistakes of a few.

Don't worry about it, most people know that

B65PsTVCAAAvUZN.jpg

The sad thing is that they don't. I've seen various forums on Facebook just get fired up and start mass producing drawings and sketches of Mohammad not knowing that they are not really hurting any terrorist, just the Muslim viewers of those pages. Yes, you have the freedom to draw the guy, but use some common sense and think about who you are hurting by doing what you're doing. Show some respect instead of just posting flamebaits.