Thrik

What's going on with your life?

Law school is actually killing me. I get an average of 3-4 hours of sleep a night, haven't been to the gym in months, I miss my family and my dog, I sit in class and stare at my desk, my limbs feel like they are made of spaghetti. This is my last year but I can honestly say I am miserable, bored, and sick of being here. I woke up this morning and felt like a flat sheet of paper, it feels as if I've lost 20 pounds since school started. It's not even that it's hard, it's easy and obvious and anyone would be able to spend one week preparing for the stupid test at the end of the rainbow. Angry these days.

You should look at maybe a career in videogames

That's what odd, I thought he was. I thought he worked for Unknown Worlds.

Tbh though don't, finish your law degree and make a hell of a lot more cash than you would in gaming. People in the industry could certainly use lawyers that understand game development.

Edited by Vilham

yeah, work for cash, who cares about following what you love.

I mean sure, finish your degree, at this stage might as well but professionally you should follow what you enjoy doing, not money. I know saying this is a bit cliche by now "follow your passions, sea of roses and whatnot" but I'd take making games on top of a more "normal" job anyday.

I can imagine being a lawyer is a pretty damn fulfilling job in itself, it isn't working in an office doing paper work for a large company.

and obviously as is the case here, you can make games/levels without having to work in the industry.

Edited by Vilham

Ya I gotta go to classes, that's factored into grades. I think all I really want to say is give some advice, don't do things in your life just because they "sound logical" or because other people want you to, you won't be happy. I'm consciously doing something I don't want to do because it "seems smart", what I never considered would be how hard it gets some days when it really becomes a chore. I'm really grateful for all the opportunities I've had and people I've gotten to work with, it's why I can be optimistic in what has become kind of a painful time for me. Love the Core, keep being awesome guys.

Go post up on a 'Lawcore' forum and people will tell you you're squandering your law career for some silly games job :) This is probably a very biased place for career advice ;)

I'd recommend just sticking it out. It can't hurt to have a degree in something completely different to games. I sometimes wonder what I would do if I were to leave the industry.

Couple of days ago I've told you that I'm single, and that I'm happy with that. Yesterday we had conversation what went wrong ect, and she actually made me understand how I've fucked up. Now I'm listening to Alien 3 soundtrack and feel miserable. 
We both made some decisions that we have to live with, I just hope that shit will turn out really well for her

Stay strong and finish up Fmpone, you almost there.

~

Every time I hear people saying they are missing the family I feel like a pile of shit… I live very well on my own, never missed anyone the year I was in Africa, don't feel the need to come back to Italy now that I'm in England… I even see my sis little, and she lives 100mt from my room. She says I contact her only when I need something :/

Edited by blackdog

We've been trying to get rid of this house for 4 years and now I did all I could to make it as attractive as possible for buyers. Literally blood, sweat and tears were spilled on this and yesterday we had a open house and nobody came. Fucking depressed right now :(

Awesome, hope you ran into a great many people in the hallways as I did back a year ago. Still remember the look on Arsenio's face when I recognized him :)

So I had my interview with the school in Vancouver (Richmond actually) last night. At the end of it, they said that they'll recommend me for the study program and basically that I'll receive the official letter of acceptance later this week.

FUKEN STOOOOOOOOKED!!!!!!!!

And help. How the fuck do I move to Canada?

Anyone live in the BC area and want to help me out with locating a place to stay? I pay with beers or games via Steam.