What's going on with your life?

Nah man, that depends on your contract. Try and find one with regular hours. Callcenters are always looking for people. Pays decent enough and there are far worse jobs out there. However, if I were you, I would try and find something that let's you work on games. Like night security in a parking lot. Just bring your laptop and work on stuff between rounds.

Oh and if they do treat you like shit just do your best effort. Meaning this:

5oCAkac.gif

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I guess this could also go in the „Do you enjoy your job in the games industry?“ thread or “MapCore Job Census” but I haven’t shared in this thread yet, so here’s what’s up: I quit my job on Friday.

During last night my family grew up   I have now a second daughter and we are happy

I just put in my resignation at work and will leave in about a month back to Britanny in France, as while Germany had some perks, my current commute time, work hours, and renovations were creating a w

Posted Images

Try and find one with regular hours. Callcenters are always looking for people. Pays decent enough and there are far worse jobs out there.

I was told after my interview that I wouldnt be hired because I honestly mentioned I'd be leaving in 10 months for school. Yet, all I heard was ppl quitting after paid training (2 weeks)...

Nah man, that depends on your contract. Try and find one with regular hours. Callcenters are always looking for people. Pays decent enough and there are far worse jobs out there. However, if I were you, I would try and find something that let's you work on games. Like night security in a parking lot. Just bring your laptop and work on stuff between rounds.

Oh and if they do treat you like shit just do your best effort. Meaning this:

5oCAkac.gif

I just realised my gf works at a call center and she's gonna drop her workload by 25% this coming term. Maybe I could fill that.

But yeah, parking lot watch would be pretty cool, if I can work that is!

Hahah, the autist in me would go nuts seing that perfect symmetry going to shit like that. But it sure looks fun! xD

Try and find one with regular hours. Callcenters are always looking for people. Pays decent enough and there are far worse jobs out there.

I was told after my interview that I wouldnt be hired because I honestly mentioned I'd be leaving in 10 months for school. Yet, all I heard was ppl quitting after paid training (2 weeks)...

Well unless the interviewee wasn't stupid he was lying too you. I'd say 10 months is a fairly long period for that kind of a job.

Joined the surgery party on Monday, currently off work this week. Will have to see about next week.

Oh noes. I hope it's not for something super serious. :(

Anyways, today I received my first payout from my CSGO map. Now I ponder what I should spend it on.  :interseting:

Don't tell me you already used all your tf2 money ? ^^

Good luck "vilain jambon"

On my side, last day living alone, my GF is coming tomorrow, so now I can't rage on COH2 throwing stuff in the room anymore :/

Edited by 3Dnj

I'm slowly getting back into renovating my house and making progress on the kitchen so that's good. Had a serious argument with my wife today though, as she blames me for not managing to balance all of it properly and being mean/distant to my older son now that we have a new baby. So many things about this situation remind me of my parents (that didn't end well) that it makes me want to go back in time and punch my past self in the balls so hard.

I try to be a good dad in spirit, but in heart, sadly, I'm more passionate about making games than raising my kids and that fucking sucks on so many levels that I fear it'll be the end of my family at one point or another. It's making me distant from my kids and wife in general, and not really happy on a day to day basis, which is a fact that's probably clearer to them than it is to me (I don't often even consider whether I'm happy or not, there's just stuff that needs doing and I don't like being inactive and feeling like my life goes on without doing something with it, so as long as I'm busy I don't care so much). There are times I really wish I didn't have kids, times I wish I never met my wife, and times I feel like a monster for not being able to enjoy the amazing family I have.

I've tried to distance myself from it all, but I can never wander too far before I feel even more trapped and useless without a creative outlet. I've got dozens of notebooks filled with notes about the games and levels I want to make and it's been a while since I read a parenting book.

My wife's deep into alternate ways of living, such as veganism, attachment parenting, etc. and I admire her for it and that makes her much more interesting a person to be with, but it adds so many difficulties to being a parent too that it's hard to enjoy it for me. It has cut us off from friends and family in subtle but definite ways, and it makes it hard to find replacements for them. My wife is like on this journey to becoming a healthy positive human being and makes me feel like I'm just a grumpy obstacle to that. I work my ass off to get us anywhere financially and do most of the chores around, I renovate a house so we have a place to live and more cash at the end of the month to do stuff with, and I try to work on a game project in the hope that it fills this urge in me while potentially bringing in some money eventually, and yet that doesn't amount to anything because at the end of the day I'm tired and impatient with my son sometimes when he cries because he doesn't want to go to sleep for the 100th time this month.

I'm fucking exhausted, more psychologically than physically. I feel trapped, claustrophobic almost, and that every single thing I've done since I've been in Germany has been digging a hole while standing in it. I want out, but I have too much love for my kids to want to ever impose them to grow up without a dad, and I think I'd go a bit insane like my dad did to think of them from a distance, and I don't know how I could live with myself when I have to admit to them one day that I gave up on them because I really wanted to work on a game.

There's something I'm so dependent on in the act of thinking about and building a game/level that I have a hard time really identifying in myself. It's nothing like a job or a hobby anymore. It goes against logic and even my best interest, but it's just there. I've been doing mods/levels/games since I was 13 and it has given me a goal and a sense in life and I feel like it's an addiction that will bring me the best and the worst things in my life at the same time. I guess that sort of dedication was a bit incompatible with raising a family and that I was stupid to even think that it'd work out. I often ponder whether it'd be best for everyone to just quit now and let my wife raise the family she wants to have, but I don't have the balls to take that step, and it may me something I'll again regret not to have done later if it all goes pear shaped.

I do feel like there's a way out on the other side of the tunnel, but it's sometimes hard to hold on until I find it, especially when you feel that despite your best efforts, you are not answering to your wife and kids' needs and expectations.

Anyway, you know you are desperate as fuck when the only place you can think of sharing stuff like that is on an online forum... Sorry for ruining the mood hey, but since the topic was friends who commit suicide I figured it wouldn't be worse :P

Edited by Corwin