Thrik

What's going on with your life?

Just found out that the whole course of basic level of Japanese is available for free https://www.marugoto.org/en/

First test took just 30 minutes and was half "can you read these words?" and half "What would you like to eat?" in japanese.

In portuguese / spanish you say object + color, but in english / jap the order is color + object.

On 7/10/2019 at 4:34 PM, 0kelvin said:

I'm learning japanese. I expect to reach intermediate level by the end of my undergraduate course. I'm not interesting in studying in JApan, but... just in case I ever need it.

Cool, I've been learning a little bit over the years but in the last 3 months I decided to go to a group class and have a weekly private teacher.

Not sure if you are interested in learning to read but wanikani.com is what I use for learning kanji. The first few levels are free then it costs. I kind of went a weird direction with my learning I only practiced reading kanji mostly so now I have a relatively advanced vocabulary and terrible grammar. After my first learning assesment the teacher wasn't quite sure how good I was at Japanese :D

I have been LD job hunting for the better part of a year now and it can be a bit taxing with all the work assignments and rejections stacking up so I decided to take a break and go ahead and study full-time at a university. 

Not to completely derail this topic into Japanese 101 but that's funnily enough what I'm gonna study. :D 

On 7/21/2019 at 1:36 AM, 0kelvin said:

Just found out that the whole course of basic level of Japanese is available for free https://www.marugoto.org/en/

21 hours ago, AlexM said:

Not sure if you are interested in learning to read but wanikani.com is what I use for learning kanji. 

So thanks for the tips! :D