Thrik

What's going on with your life?

7 hours ago, I ♡ The 1950's said:

I'm not sure if this would belong here or in some sort of cooking thread (Maybe there is one and I'm just not very smart), but I tried out making some bread like the kind in my map. And while I could have done better to make them look more like the map version, they tasted really good!

20190425_134832.jpg

There is ;) https://www.mapcore.org/topic/16418-what-have-you-cooked-recently/

2 hours ago, James L. Cooper said:

Dear sir,

congratulations on passing your bar exam. Please note that we are constantly looking to expand our business and a dirt cheap fresh-out-of-school law graduate such as yourself would be an excellent addition to our highly professional team.

Sincerely,

--
James L. Cooper
Chief Attorney
Cooper & Norman Lawfirm LLC.
Specialized in Games Industry affairs, Criminal and Civil Prosecution, Brain Injury Consultancy

As a severely brain injured person, I think I could be a great asset to the firm’s consultancy work

On 4/28/2019 at 10:18 PM, Minos said:

I've been learning Polish. It's quite a cool challenge to learn a new language, and especially one that's so fucking hard. It's a really good feeling when I can read something that looked like alien talk previously. The people in Poland are really chill and friendly, and this feeling totally reflects in their language. Some words sound so beautiful and cute. I mean look how cute "thank you" is: dziękuję (if you are wondering how to say it).

And in a way it's very similar to Portuguese. I'm definitely having a much easier time getting the pronunciation right than americans :lol: 

I always admire people who want to learn Polish... Hope you are having a great time! Powodzenia :) 

On 4/28/2019 at 4:18 PM, Minos said:

I've been learning Polish. It's quite a cool challenge to learn a new language, and especially one that's so fucking hard. It's a really good feeling when I can read something that looked like alien talk previously. The people in Poland are really chill and friendly, and this feeling totally reflects in their language. Some words sound so beautiful and cute. I mean look how cute "thank you" is: dziękuję (if you are wondering how to say it).

And in a way it's very similar to Portuguese. I'm definitely having a much easier time getting the pronunciation right than americans :lol: 

Just curious but what made you want to learn Polish in particular?

50 minutes ago, FMPONE said:

Just curious but what made you want to learn Polish in particular?

The incredible polish women  😊

But seriously, I can see myself living in Kraków one day. It's such a cool, cozy and affordable city, with lots to explore and very friendly people. There's much more to life than being a salaried employee driving to work every day from 10am to 6pm :) I want to see what's it like to live by my own terms, and discover what I'm capable of doing. This is a long term dream and I've been taking each step to make it a reality. There's still a lot that I want to accomplish as an artist at Blizzard, so it feels good to have something to work towards to, and I'll make sure to keep enjoying the hot tub as much as I possibly can haha

Besides that it's a beautiful sounding language.  It's interesting to see how learning a new language changes your brain.

Funny that this Polish stuff has turned up on here now. Broke up with my Polish girlfriend a few days ago. Just a day before my birthday 😅☹️

giphy.gif

Perogi and Goulash are good stuff.The language I found impenetrable, though.

Edited by dux

On 4/15/2019 at 5:58 PM, FMPONE said:

Found out today I passed the Florida Bar Exam 🤪

When in trouble, ...Better Call shawn

Congratulations buddy :)

On 4/24/2019 at 5:44 PM, MikeGon said:

Genre tu parle en Francais but sometimes you switch to English dans le middle de ton sentence. 😉

J'ai understood ce que tu as said

I feel guilty now. I'm Polish and one of the only ones in my family who can't speak polish :(

Also I agree Minos. Krakov is great and if I'm being honest. The women are indeed crazy attractive.

8 minutes ago, AlexM said:

I feel guilty now. I'm Polish and one of the only ones in my family who can't speak polish :(

Also I agree Minos. Krakov is great and if I'm being honest. The women are indeed crazy attractive.

I'm the only one who doesn't speak a Slavic language too. Feelsbadman

I'll make it language #4 if I'm ever able to penetrate Japanese. It's a pretty brutal language for a French/English speaker to learn.

Interesting that Polish is so hard to learn for an English first language person. At least according to this website https://www.effectivelanguagelearning.com/language-guide/language-difficulty

14 hours ago, AlexM said:

I'll make it language #4 if I'm ever able to penetrate Japanese. It's a pretty brutal language for a French/English speaker to learn.

Interesting that Polish is so hard to learn for an English first language person. At least according to this website https://www.effectivelanguagelearning.com/language-guide/language-difficulty

So I guess from this list Japanese is one of the most difficult languages a native English speaker could possibly seek to learn? 

11 hours ago, fewseb said:

I spent way to much time on this

Why_did_I_do_this.jpeg.thumb.jpg.d8a3b878a8fcff098708c1d0378a8008.jpg

This would have taken less then an hour if the pictures of Shawn showing any form of facial expression werent 240p quality.

Feel free to use that btw, hopefully Vince Gilligan wont sue us.

You guys are making me nervous, I won’t be an attorney until later this year, if all goes to plan. There’s a simple ethics test you have to pass and then you have to get sworn in before a judge (just want to point that out to people haha...)😛

11 minutes ago, FMPONE said:

So I guess from this list Japanese is one of the most difficult languages a native English speaker could possibly seek to learn? 

You guys are making me nervous, I won’t be an attorney until later this year, if all goes to plan. There’s a simple ethics test you have to pass and then you have to get sworn in before a judge (just want to point that out to people haha...)😛

Hence the (pending) by Attorney