Thrik

What's going on with your life?

6 hours ago, blackdog said:

Hey guys, I thought that with just less two months to go, it was time to share… I’m going to be a dad 😱
This wasn’t planned and I’m getting used to the idea only recently; it’s been actually quite a struggle these months* because we found out at a time I was convinced we were going to split up.
As my partner’s ex boss offered us a place for cheap (considering) we also just moved out of an apartment into a proper house. As they haven’t done up the place when they bought it, I’m in the process of doing some decoration myself (so that’s another bit of tension from time to time, not always easy to find the energy to do stuff after a day of work).

*hence -I guess- my increased spamming here, just putting my head under the sand *ahem*

Congratulations! That’s a big deal. Do you know if it’s a boy or girl yet?

On 4/19/2019 at 5:06 PM, Interfearance said:

@blackdog A word of advice: sleep as much as possible. Even though I know the exhaustion is partly mental, it helps with that too. Also congrats on the baby! Have you decided on a name?

Thanks, yeah I’m lucky my boss just had one as well and I’m seeing the toll it’s taking… I need to start being regular in my sleep.

my gf thought would be nice to give an Italian name so we have run a few ideas, but we are not final. Although I have my top pick already since Jan and I was a bit sneaky calling the baby the name I like so seems it’s sticking. But we were just talking of proper writing down the list and see to decide.

On 4/19/2019 at 10:48 PM, FMPONE said:

Congratulations! That’s a big deal. Do you know if it’s a boy or girl yet?

It’s gonna be a (gamer) girl!

50 minutes ago, blackdog said:

and I was a bit sneaky calling the baby the name I like so seems it’s sticking. But we were just talking of proper writing down the list and see to decide.

It’s gonna be a (gamer) girl!

Hahaha.

Dude... nice! 🎇 🎉 

We are actually looking for this as well. There is a lot of bilingual daycare here in Montreal (English and French) and from what people tell us is that it's kind of naturall this way.

Dunno yet appart that.

3 hours ago, ElectroSheep said:

We are actually looking for this as well. There is a lot of bilingual daycare here in Montreal (English and French) and from what people tell us is that it's kind of naturall this way.

Dunno yet appart that.

You could send them to English school while speaking French at home (or vice-versa), and I guarantee they'll learn the Montreal way!

Genre tu parle en Francais but sometimes you switch to English dans le middle de ton sentence. 😉

@blackdogNot got much input on the bilingual stuff (guess that would come with the raising and probably come natural if/when surrounded when raising) but from my own experience me and my gf had afew names in mind (also not knowing the gender) .. me being abit of a simplton wanting to keep the name  common in a sense^^ ie scott, brian or claire etc..etc..  my gf was hitting out with alsorts of names i dont even want to get into^^ but when my son was born and we both looked at him, my gf (in the midst.. after jst giving birth) mentioned bailey.. we both looked at him and i honestly felt fk yeh bailey it is^^.
That was just us but food for though (in a sense) maybe keep afew names in mind but when the child is born go what feels natural to you both..
been drinking a lil but hope that makes some sense^^ all the best.

I'm not sure if this would belong here or in some sort of cooking thread (Maybe there is one and I'm just not very smart), but I tried out making some bread like the kind in my map. And while I could have done better to make them look more like the map version, they tasted really good!

20190425_134832.jpg

Edited by I ♡ The 1950's

I've been learning Polish. It's quite a cool challenge to learn a new language, and especially one that's so fucking hard. It's a really good feeling when I can read something that looked like alien talk previously. The people in Poland are really chill and friendly, and this feeling totally reflects in their language. Some words sound so beautiful and cute. I mean look how cute "thank you" is: dziękuję (if you are wondering how to say it).

And in a way it's very similar to Portuguese. I'm definitely having a much easier time getting the pronunciation right than americans :lol: 

7 hours ago, I ♡ The 1950's said:

I'm not sure if this would belong here or in some sort of cooking thread (Maybe there is one and I'm just not very smart), but I tried out making some bread like the kind in my map. And while I could have done better to make them look more like the map version, they tasted really good!

20190425_134832.jpg

There is ;) https://www.mapcore.org/topic/16418-what-have-you-cooked-recently/