Thrik

What's going on with your life?

2 hours ago, will2k said:

c'est où ça? les Alpes ou les Pyrénées?

The fog always kills the scene; I've lived in a mountainous region for 5 years and God, how I hated the thick fog in the middle of the Summer :mad:

Alps ;) 

Yep, it came fast !

12 hours ago, dux said:

Got the old crushed heart treatment from a girl. So driving around taking pictures of the only girl that doesn't give me BS. Developing a smoking habit again too, need to get that back in check soon.

22041941_10156638706589745_6712207204402

Great. Now I want a Welsh sequel to 'Drive' starring dux and his car.

23 hours ago, dux said:

Got the old crushed heart treatment from a girl. So driving around taking pictures of the only girl that doesn't give me BS. Developing a smoking habit again too, need to get that back in check soon.

22041941_10156638706589745_6712207204402

Is that a sexy Nissan Skyline?

15 hours ago, dux said:

It is

My brother imported one around 2003, looked like yours but red. Started pimping it and it was awesome, then he met his wife. Car was never finished. :/. Now it rusts in a garage somewhere since the guy in Belgium who bought it never came and picked it up.

What did I post here the last time? Let's start in May where I had a great vacation in Copenhagen with some friends from Vancouver and it was a blast. After that summer have been all kinds of shitty. I messed up my shoulder and couldn't work for pretty much all of June and some of July, then I was sick a ton in August so I've barely worked, which means my little brand isn't doing too good. It's also fucking depressing to work from home and I've been even more stoked on a proper fulltime job since then.

Had an interview today at a company which is probably one of very few companies that I want to work for, and I think it went great in my opinion anyway. So hopefully I'll get that job and can become more of an adult very soon. Or just dive deeper into the shit if I don't get it. So I have to get it.

Oh and you guys who employ freelancers of any kind and don't pay their invoice on time? Go fuck yourself. You're fucking with peoples salary and I hope you get hit by a car for doing so.

The more I live the more I come to the conclusion that life is indeed one big silly game and that the universe is only having fun with us. But you know what... it makes life fucking interesting no? We never know what's lurking behind the corner. I've come to learn to expect the unexpected any time now.

On 29/09/2017 at 1:28 PM, Tisky said:

My brother imported one around 2003, looked like yours but red. Started pimping it and it was awesome, then he met his wife. Car was never finished. :/. Now it rusts in a garage somewhere since the guy in Belgium who bought it never came and picked it up.

Wow, your bro got to keep the money?

12 hours ago, Minos said:

The more I live the more I come to the conclusion that life is indeed one big silly game and that the universe is only having fun with us. But you know what... it makes life fucking interesting no? We never know what's lurking behind the corner. I've come to learn to expect the unexpected any time now.

We're all pretty much just winging it I feel. None of us have any idea what we're doing :D 

I live in a bubble and just found out there has been a new mass shooting in USA, in Las Vegas.

im surprised there are no topics on the subject – although there’s not much to say really. Las Vegas is not a city relevant to our industry but felt wrong not to acknowledge what happened.

I hate to say it but I think we're starting to become a bit desensitised to the horrific terrorism that's been happening. I mean literally in the last week or so I have read of:

1. Mass shooting in Vegas
  2. Attempted car bombing in Paris
  3. Attempted bomb on London tube
  4. Two young (~20) women killed with knife in France

And you know what? It almost feels like just another month. Sometimes its more intense — like the mass shooting at the beach resort a couple of years ago — and sometimes it's vehicles running several people down. But it has become almost relentless. Every day I open Apple News on my phone and expect to read about another sick incident ISIS is claiming responsibility for, even though it's only actually them some of the time.

What more can I say? It's a messed-up world right now.

On a more personal note, I'm in the midst of moving for the first time in a few years. Things are going well with my girlfriend so we're looking at moving in together, although initially it'll just be me in an apartment we've decided on and then she'll follow a few months later. That's all great, but equally exciting is I'm getting to live in a really nice block I've had my eye on for a few years but couldn't get things to line up right. I've always enjoyed living high up, and my current flat is pretty crappy in that regard — my view is essentially a wall. So this new one is 11th floor, great panoramic views, and it's all new and modern. I can't wait to have a year or few there before finally setting down into a more practical house.

Of course, moving is an absolute pain in the ass. There's so much to take care of and a lot of money to spend, and adding to the pressure is my letting agent doing short-notice viewings of my current flat. But I've borrowed some cash to get through the crunch and it should all even out. It's just so crazy having to pay for 2x rent (both flats during the move), agent fees, deposit which is at least equal to the rent, moving truck, new utilities, etc. God day-um.