What's going on with your life?

Thrik

Look @Tisky, I appreciate that you are grateful I shared my story, but please realize that just because it worked for me, that doesn't mean it works for you. I shared the story to highlight how I'm not able to place myself in your position and not to convince you this is the best approach. I think @Minos gave you some excellent pointers. Information that's helpful to all, regardless of their situation. But looking at your posting history and at what you're saying, maybe it's time to look for some professional help. It seems you are losing grip and there might be other factors at play and you are just projecting a lot of that on her. There's no shame in asking for help and as to being tough, that's just something that men are conditioned into by society. Don't fall for that. Real men will try anything to resolve whatever it is that needs fixing.

7 hours ago, Sprony said:

Look @Tisky, I appreciate that you are grateful I shared my story, but please realize that just because it worked for me, that doesn't mean it works for you. I shared the story to highlight how I'm not able to place myself in your position and not to convince you this is the best approach. I think @Minos gave you some excellent pointers. Information that's helpful to all, regardless of their situation. But looking at your posting history and at what you're saying, maybe it's time to look for some professional help. It seems you are losing grip and there might be other factors at play and you are just projecting a lot of that on her. There's no shame in asking for help and as to being tough, that's just something that men are conditioned into by society. Don't fall for that. Real men will try anything to resolve whatever it is that needs fixing.

Sometimes you just don't know how to resolve things.

5 hours ago, dux said:

This has been going around in circles for ages now and is starting to feel like Groundhog Day. I think it's time to go see a professional.

Don't worry, i won't come back again.

16 hours ago, Tisky said:

Sometimes you just don't know how to resolve things.

Don't worry, i won't come back again.

Yeah man, the situation is not getting any better after all this time, it's time for professional help...

Everyone should try psychotherapy at least once in their lives. You'd be surprised at all the pattern behaviors we have no idea we have that hold us back :)  

@Tisky i haven't read all your posts so I dunno if you tried already but… have you openly confronted her about these things that keep you hanging?

After all this time I would be in so much pain that I would really want to get her on the record.

If you tried then you got some real good advice in previous posts and I'd give it a go.

Think I may be cursed to forever have to put up with monitors dying on me as now my backup work monitor's display has broken, to be fair it was a very old one but still.

Pulling another old TV out of another room and hoping to god this one lasts out long enough for me to buy the replacement. And unlike this time get a replacement I won't have to return!

3 hours ago, Bastion said:

Think I may be cursed to forever have to put up with monitors dying on me as now my backup work monitor's display has broken, to be fair it was a very old one but still.

Pulling another old TV out of another room and hoping to god this one lasts out long enough for me to buy the replacement. And unlike this time get a replacement I won't have to return!

Maybe buy some extra insurance with it as well since these things seem to drop like flies with you ;)

4 hours ago, blackdog said:

I'd be happy to donate you my old Samsung display that is collecting dust back in Italy @Bastion, but guess wouldn't be cheap mailing it.

Where do you live? Check Shpock/eBay for something cheap, a proper monitor is better than a tv

Ordered myself a new monitor last night fortunately, will be able to use something that is actually 1080p again!