Thrik

What's going on with your life?

9 hours ago, Sjonsson said:

Just started my week by planting my ass on a piss soaked buss seat. 

Oh god I love humans.

Well, I just dropped two glass bottles of pepsi on the kitchen floor...

6YsgF.gif

3 hours ago, Vaya said:

they were just marking their territory  :P

It's probably the start of space lizard people invading.

18 minutes ago, Radu said:

Well, I just dropped two glass bottles of pepsi on the kitchen floor. Man, such a sticky mess.. 

Damn, as in glass bottles? RIP.

Be brave @blackdog@Sprony should read a book of his story.

On my side, I made official today my departure from Eden Games (I finally stayed 3 months more after the december episode) which will be effective on March 31 :/ So i'm back on the job market, which, honnestly, is a bit terrifying. But I have hope! 

30 minutes ago, TheOnlyDoubleF said:

On my side, I made official today my departure from Eden Games (I finally stayed 3 months more after the december episode) which will be effective on March 31 :/ So i'm back on the job market, which, honnestly, is a bit terrifying. But I have hope! 

You got this!

7 hours ago, TheOnlyDoubleF said:

Just keep at it and don't be afraid to move! :D  You go this!

And yes Sprony should totes write about how people should stand up for themselves. 

Edited by Sjonsson

On 27/02/2017 at 10:28 AM, Sprony said:

I'm sorry to say man, but they are fucking you over.[...]

TL:DR - Don't take no shit from nobody!

Thanks @Sprony, and also agreed.

Not that I feel like taking any shit, I was ready to discuss with HR and eventually bring this forward in more serious manner... but I think would be pointless. By saying that my line manager "said too much" I dunno how much of a case there would be even wanting to pursue.
Most importantly at the end of the day I'm afraid it wiould be counter-productive, I just wanted to put on my CV a job with a "manager" title, if only for 6 months.

Tuesday the boss came to me to let me know he had just received an email informing him the HR girl that was supposed to prepare the package/offer has left the organization, so back at square one (despite already two weeks ago he had promised he would do this job himself as this girl had been sick for two weeks already).

I'm sure I'll get my owed increase (with back pay) and now I'll just get back to a serious job hunt. Hopefully I will be able to kindly turn down their offer cos I will have something else available. It annoys me because could have just be very convenient rack up some (official) managerial experience while I could work on videogame stuff in the spare time.

~

At least I can feel good that Furious Angels has been released this Monday and is now available on Steam. I've posted a topic in the releases forum.

Edited by blackdog

Finally got to try out VR today.

Something as simple as walking on a plank felt fucking amazing, ended up laughing all the way out of the building after giving it a go.

This past weekend my car broke down, then my computer broke down, and I got a hell of a head cold that I am still fighting. . . did I do something wrong in a past life about this time in my life?

I grew up with a lot of pets, including 6 cats and a dog. I mourned their passing and even at my young age, I understood the grief. But it was different for my mother. Most of our cats reached a remarkable old age (around 20 years). But with each passing, I saw a bit of my mother die as well. Raised in a world where men are not supposed to cry and the loss of a pet is often easily dismissed, I never understood why until now.

After almost 16 years I had to end the life of my beloved cat Micio. My furry little friend had defied all odds, cheated death numerous times and surprised even the most seasoned vets with his recoveries and will to live. As long as he could live happy and without pain, I didn't care how much money it costed or how much I had to clean up after him. But this time, there was no cure or remedy and even while holding his paw when he got the final shot, he was still fighting to live and his gaze went right through me.

He's been with me since late 2001. That's almost half my life. I've played games, read books and watched countless movies with him. Petting him and enjoying each other's company or taking care of him when he was sick again. I knew this day was coming, but I could have never imagined how much it would hurt. His brothers couldn't say goodbye and are still looking for him. My daughter, who was there, doesn't understand and keeps asking me when he will back. I remember my mother and now I finally understand that I lost a part of my soul forever.

I9xwoTZ.jpg