Thrik

What's going on with your life?

2 hours ago, AlexM said:

Extremely tired but I now have a 4 day weekend lined up. I'm on the fence on whether I should do a gamejam or just chill and catch up on games. Both feed my soul in different ways.....

edit : just realized I still have my profile as not working. I've been at Relic for a good 2 months now :X

2 months ... your almost a relic :P grats btw 

Against all my expectations, I'm loving Twitter. It really proves the theory of 'Six degrees of separation'. You can reach people with such ease, it beats all other forms of communication on the Internet. I'm not some celebrity groupie. But when you write an article about Quake and John Romero likes it or when you mention something about Starship Troopers and all of sudden Casper van Dien likes it, it's a whole different layer of reaching people. I'm not saying, oh what cool, I need to frame it for my wall, but I do appreciate the added connectivity and validation. 

I've been crunching at the office for a month straight now, between 5-10 extra hours a day. Sleeping is difficult after spending 19h here,  I'm tired, but can't sleep. All this starts to take its toll on my body, I hope it ends soon. 

2 hours ago, MaikelOrtega said:

I've been crunching at the office for a month straight now, between 5-10 extra hours a day. Sleeping is difficult after spending 19h here,  I'm tired, but can't sleep. All this starts to take its toll on my body, I hope it ends soon. 

You can do what nurses and doctors do to sleep when they are on a night shit - take benadryl or a sleep aid. Just make sure it doesn't affect you so much that you are groggy when you wake up. I suggest taking one 30-40 minutes before you would like to sleep.

Also, since you are in crunch it is likely the combination of blue screen lighting and mental thinking contributing to an inability to sleep. I also suggest doing something to at least remove one of those from your presence for 30 minutes prior to bed.

Edited by Sigma

15 hours ago, Sprony said:

Against all my expectations, I'm loving Twitter. It really proves the theory of 'Six degrees of separation'. You can reach people with such ease, it beats all other forms of communication on the Internet. I'm not some celebrity groupie. But when you write an article about Quake and John Romero likes it or when you mention something about Starship Troopers and all of sudden Casper van Dien likes it, it's a whole different layer of reaching people. I'm not saying, oh what cool, I need to frame it for my wall, but I do appreciate the added connectivity and validation. 

I've had a few of these as well, <3 twitter :). It's a really awesome platform for staying up to date and interacting with other game developers as well, especially indie stuff. Heck it's probably the best platform out there for that.

On 9/2/2016 at 5:40 PM, Sigma said:

You can do what nurses and doctors do to sleep when they are on a night shit - take benadryl or a sleep aid. Just make sure it doesn't affect you so much that you are groggy when you wake up. I suggest taking one 30-40 minutes before you would like to sleep.

Also, since you are in crunch it is likely the combination of blue screen lighting and mental thinking contributing to an inability to sleep. I also suggest doing something to at least remove one of those from your presence for 30 minutes prior to bed.

You're completely right, even if I'm tired I usually check my laptop or my phone before trying to sleep, as I like reading stuff on the bed. I'll try to go back to my kindle (no blue screen) or actual books.

23 minutes ago, 0kelvin said:

My english cocker spaniel died after 16,8 years. I took that pic 3 days before he passed away.

oh man, that sucks :( it's the worst thing about owning a dog, or any pet really.

my dog died last year, he was 21 years old. He had a runny nose for a few weeks before he passed away, is that why your dog is lying on that sheet?

curious if it's a common thing for older dogs.

He's lying on that sheet because he was weak, he couldn't stand on its own. His spine had parrot's beaks, which weakened his back paws over the last years. He died to kidney failure. Hs lost his sight in the last years too.

Edited by 0kelvin