Thrik

What's going on with your life?

I recently realized that I needed to step back in my career. Been working for 5 years in flash and mobile games, mainly as game designer and programmer, but now it seems I'm stuck at the mobile games industry, can't land a job in a pc/console games company.  

And I'm getting fed up, it's not the kind of job I want to do, the games I want to make, so I decided to start from scratch. I'm currently learning to model, so I'm able to block-out levels, trying to focus on 3d level design. I recently started a small project with two colleagues, so I might be able to show something in a month or two. In the meantime, i'm trying to replicate a (very, very) rough version of my favorite Q3 map, Campgrounds, to get the hang of the tools.

Wasn't an easy choice to make, I'm "discarding" skills I already have, leaving my comfort zone so to say. But I believe it'll be worth it in the long run. And it's also pretty fun :D

On 14/08/2016 at 11:42 AM, TheOnlyDoubleF said:

My PC is dead, this is the end of the World :'(

Wwooooo So I listened to some guys at work today, and it looks like it's my graphic card that's dead. That's the most expensive part of it but at least  I won't have to invest 1k again.... And i can run my pc again until I grab a new GPU. Peeeew

23 hours ago, TheOnlyDoubleF said:

Wwooooo So I listened to some guys at work today, and it looks like it's my graphic card that's dead. That's the most expensive part of it but at least  I won't have to invest 1k again.... And i can run my pc again until I grab a new GPU. Peeeew

Have you tried running it with the igpu? 

On 15-8-2016 at 6:56 PM, blackdog said:

Feel like dropping everything and going around the world for a while (doesn't help I'm reading the book by a person I know who did this a few years ago, when he was one year younger than me now).

If you can, go for it. Leaving all the petty bullshit behind can be so liberating. 

On 16-8-2016 at 7:56 PM, TheOnlyDoubleF said:

Try our Tech Support!

23 minutes ago, Sigma said:

Got a job on Friday at another city near me, and I married the love of my life on Saturday. All in all, a good weekend.

ilNJtjw.png

JK WOW AMAZING WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOhhh !!!

Congratulations !!!

13 hours ago, Sigma said:

Got a job on Friday at another city near me, and I married the love of my life on Saturday. All in all, a good weekend.

Congratulations Sigma!

You know @2d-chris, you did a brave thing. You love something and you just went all out. I can imagine it wasn't cheap (the equipment alone is a small fortune I reckon) but you saved up and followed your dream. Nobody can take these memories away from you. Well, maybe Alzheimer but that's a different story. When you are old and your time is up, you can look back, smile and say:'I did that! No regrets!'. I can only respect that man.

Totally non-productive for days and days and days... AAAAAAH I can't stand this. I had to manage my PC issues, now visual studio update 3 introduces new shit into my UE4 projects, I have to unsintall everything and install again.... So my TPS 3C prototype hasn't moved for weeks. :mad:

Plus, I do absolutely nothing at my job, my task list is empty since last tuesday, and no one can find something left for me to do that someone else isn't already working on or that fits my skills. I CAN'T STAND this kind of period!!! I feel completely useless and non-productive, it's awful. :cry: Got to find somethong or i'm gonna turn totally crazy. 

At least there' sport to externalize my hanger onto fitness machines ahahah. Diet is going well, I've lost weight (don't know how much tough). My training is good, but I don't do enough cardio (only 3 times 45 minutes per weeks while i should to 45 minutes everyday). I put so efforts to get some shoulders back and there are get a good shape. So my training is great, my body is happy and healthy and my brain too (to balance the feeling I get from work).