What's going on with your life?

Thrik

2 hours ago, biXen said:

But I wish I could find a way to get at least 10-12 hours a week of solid project time done. Anyone been down that path? It's one of those things that don't make sense to me, because I love to do all the stuff I'm not getting done. So I can't find a logic way of approaching it. 

Absolutely. I have a full time job, wife and kids and so I’m usually able to get on my PC at 10 pm and get two hours in. I probably wouldn’t do this unless I was very goal driven. If I can get into the industry I’ll use my spare time for other things, for the most part. With how time consuming these things are I think goals are necessary in order to stay disciplined.

Car still broken, i've been walking 6,5 miles to work and home. Been loosing weight but its taking its toll on my feet. Also it kind of sucks to walk when it's snowing all the time!

Think i've found a solution tho. I can sell my old piece of junk car cheap to cover whats left on the loan, and then lease a smaller car for three years instead. 

Lease is 100 bucks more expensive but i put that money on snus (tobacco you put under your lip) every month. And since i hate walking i threw away all my snus, so as a week without snus is closing in, i really feel good about quitting that habit.

Really needing a car because you got kids is a damn good motivation when you feel the urge to take one.

Also, is Renault Clio any good? Its damn cheap to lease.

I must say that I have access to really kind and wonderful teachers at my uni. I'm going to take a hell lot more time to pass all the courses that I have to in ordern to get the degree, but they understand that some students happen to need more time or aren't that brilliant at math and physics. There are many cases where I study of students that get depressed or something bad happen that they are forced to stop attending the uni at all for some time, but they are able to return later because there are rules that deal with such special cases.

Luckly, I'm not obsessed with perfect grades.

Edited by 0kelvin

13 hours ago, 0kelvin said:

I must say that I have access to really kind and wonderful teachers at my uni. I'm going to take a hell lot more time to pass all the courses that I have to in ordern to get the degree, but they understand that some students happen to need more time or aren't that brilliant at math and physics. There are many cases where I study of students that get depressed or something bad happen that they are forced to stop attending the uni at all for some time, but they are able to return later because there are rules that deal with such special cases.

Luckly, I'm not obsessed with perfect grades.

Cherish that, it's unfortunately not an international standard :/ my school in France was exactly like yours, we had support and we were treated as capable people, but then I had the weird idea to do a double degree in Switzerland where I have the worst teachers I've ever seen pedagogically speaking, so many people are depressed and the university still finds it a non-issue. Trust me you'll learn greatly and be happy to study and that's gold :)

• 2 weeks later...

This year is so much better than last, finally sold my broken car and leased a KIA Cee'd.

Beer, sunshine, dental plan, no more pain or anxiety. Oh , and i also stopped doing Snus, (nicotine shit you put under your lip, one snus has as much nicotine as 4 ciggarettes).

Went to a car wrapping course last two days also, so now im one of the best! ;)

• 5 months later...

I broke my wrist 6 weeks ago and had surgery, got 11 screws in that sucker. Which also mean that I've been off work for 6 weeks and it's been driving me crazy. Doing my final check-up on monday, hoping that it healed up nicely and that I can properly start my physio and get back into some sort of shape again.

X-rays in the spoiler in case anyone is too sensitive to that kinda stuff.

Oh and I'm trying to by an apartment. Not enjoyable to be honest.

qboAnWi.jpg

zSdiOf6.jpg

I was biking on my single speed bike, pedaling like crazy and my rear wheel locked in some cobble stone, so basically I pulled my rear wheel slightly out of the dropout and the chain popped off. Foot slipped off in front of the pedal and I kinda crashed into my own leg sending me flying over the handlebars. All in a split second.

Fuck man, that's scary as hell! I had a hairline crack on my wrist skateboarding a few years back and that motherfucker hurt like crazy, nothing compared to this though, so I can only imagine how painful it is. But oh well, life can be a motherfucker sometimes :cry: Good luck on your recovery! 

On 9/7/2018 at 6:25 PM, st0lve said:

I broke my wrist 6 weeks ago and had surgery, got 11 screws in that sucker. Which also mean that I've been off work for 6 weeks and it's been driving me crazy. Doing my final check-up on monday, hoping that it healed up nicely and that I can properly start my physio and get back into some sort of shape again.

X-rays in the spoiler in case anyone is too sensitive to that kinda stuff.

Oh and I'm trying to by an apartment. Not enjoyable to be honest.

Hide contents

qboAnWi.jpg

zSdiOf6.jpg

Looks hella fucked (that's a medical term). Very best of luck to you with your recovery, keep us updated.